Optoma PK320 digital projector - $379

airbrushtutor

Love Spreading Overseer
optomapk320.jpg optomapk320-1.jpg

Lumens:
100 ANSI
Resolution: WXGA (1280 x 800)
Image Size (Diagonal): 5" to 150" (12.7 to 381cm)
Contrast Ratio: 3000:1
Dimensions (W x H x D): 4.7" x 1.2" x 2.7" (120 x 30 x 70mm)
Weight: 235g

The Optoma PK320 is a digital pico projector around a hand in size.
It's throws out 100 lumens and has a DLP (led) lamp, ensuring a long lamplife (est 20,000 hours).
Released in early 2012, the pico projector may very well have been a market leader, but at the time of writing the price for the pico at $380USD is a little high, compared to what you can get for spending around $100 more.

Product specifications attached.

Attachments

• optomapicopk320-390.pdf
    171.7 KB · Views: 25
Would this type be a recommendation for a newbie to airbrushing on a limited budget?
I think you could find better for this budget range now splasha.. i'll get some more up soon okay? might put some vid reviews from youtube in there as well..

I use an Artograph LED500 digital art projector. As the name suggests, it's 500 lumens. 15,000 to 1 contrast ratio, up to 1080p resolution. Yes, it will play movies too. It has component, HDMI and USB inputs. It allows the image to be rotated, resized or reversed. It has keystone feature to allow the image to be adjusted to the same angle as the easel. It also has numerous grid overlays. The price is about $640.

Ive purchased BenQ MW523 .:
ScreenDLP
Resolution1280 x 800
Pictr. format16:10/4:3
Projectorscreen (min/maks)30 "-300 "
Contrast 13000 :1
Lumens3000 ANSI
3D &BlueRay +
HDMI/USB +
Lamp save mode approx : 10.000 hours
And planning to do a "review" here, when i have some thing
constructive to tell and show.
A bit expencive (416 Euro/566 $), but the smaller ones (Pico/Oa), like Optoma/philips/Asus/Acer is
too pricey in Denmark (almost the same price).
Henrik

Hey splash if you go to the tcp global they had a special for a beginner artist for 44.99 + shipping the item number is Item #: ART 225-380. they call it a autograph tracer

I use an Artograph LED500 digital art projector. As the name suggests, it's 500 lumens. 15,000 to 1 contrast ratio, up to 1080p resolution. Yes, it will play movies too. It has component, HDMI and USB inputs. It allows the image to be rotated, resized or reversed. It has keystone feature to allow the image to be adjusted to the same angle as the easel. It also has numerous grid overlays. The price is about $640.
hi supernova,i have been looking at the same projector,just wondering how happy u r with it, and where did u buy it, thanks

Hi Alfie, not sure which part of the world you're in. I bought mine through Chicago Airbrush Supply. At the time their price seemed the best and less than half the Australian price. I really like this projector. It's certainly bright enough to be used in all but the brightest of rooms to pencil in line drawings. I haven't watched any movies on it but it does have this ability. In this case you would want a dim room. However this is a specialty art projector and for this it excels. I really like the keystone feature that enables the projected image to be adjusted for the tilt of the easel, allowing the sides of the image to be parallel to the easel. The numerous size grids can be handy for laying out or rechecking the proportions on a painting. I haven't connected it to my computer but instead use a USB stick with images on it. There does seem to be some image formats that it doesn't support but I haven't gone too deeply into this as my JPG files are fine on it. I hope this helps. :)

Hi Alfie, not sure which part of the world you're in. I bought mine through Chicago Airbrush Supply. At the time their price seemed the best and less than half the Australian price. I really like this projector. It's certainly bright enough to be used in all but the brightest of rooms to pencil in line drawings. I haven't watched any movies on it but it does have this ability. In this case you would want a dim room. However this is a specialty art projector and for this it excels. I really like the keystone feature that enables the projected image to be adjusted for the tilt of the easel, allowing the sides of the image to be parallel to the easel. The numerous size grids can be handy for laying out or rechecking the proportions on a painting. I haven't connected it to my computer but instead use a USB stick with images on it. There does seem to be some image formats that it doesn't support but I haven't gone too deeply into this as my JPG files are fine on it. I hope this helps. :)

Hi Supernova, I'm an artist in Australia and would like to purchase the Artograph 500LED projector but it is SO expensive here. I see you purchased it from the USA. How did you convert it for Australian electricity purposes ?

Back