Orientation about Wicked and Intercoat 4030

Gore Hunter

Needle-chuck Ninja
Hello everyone! It's me again... I found a lot of info about Candy2O but couldn't find any topic about this specific doubt, so here I go.
Does anyone have experience using the Createx 4030 Intercoat with Wicked/Wicked Detail paints? I ordered a bunch of Wicked paints and also a small bottle of 4030 to try it out, because I read it could harden up the paint coats and thought it could be useful to use in murals or for masking later coats... I know it was mainly designed to use with Candies, but since the official site says it can also be used with Wicked, I was just curious to see how it works :p I read the Candies would bleed if you spray paint mixed with 4030 and then apply an intercoat of 4030 on top... would the same happen with Wicked? I'm still waiting for my order to arrive, so I'll try it out once it's here, but I wanted to know in advance what I should/shouldn't do with it (don't want to waste it since it's just a 4oz. bottle xD)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It just helps the paint flow better thats all. I put it in the Illustration paints sometimes. I have made my own reducer its the automotive reducer - high performance reducer + Acetone. This reducer with intercoat is a killer combo, got it from a Craig Fraser dvd.

the intercoat clear only add a shine to the paint , it will not block color bleed for that you want to use the standard transbase to lock in the colors .
it does help flow in wicked and illustration and does make it more transparent but does not lock the color in like a urethane intercoat clear would.

It just helps the paint flow better thats all. I put it in the Illustration paints sometimes. I have made my own reducer its the automotive reducer - high performance reducer + Acetone. This reducer with intercoat is a killer combo, got it from a Craig Fraser dvd.

So it would work basically as a reducer?

the intercoat clear only add a shine to the paint , it will not block color bleed for that you want to use the standard transbase to lock in the colors .
it does help flow in wicked and illustration and does make it more transparent but does not lock the color in like a urethane intercoat clear would.

What about using masking tape over it? Does it help?

Back