Paasche TG 3F

T

tontmcgrath

anybody using one of these airbrushes i have bought one i find that they AR very good they pull a very thin line even when the paint is not reduced tony

anybody using one of these airbrushes i have bought one i find that they AR very good they pull a very thin line even when the paint is not reduced tony

I bought one awhile ago and found it suffered from Paasche's lack of tolerances. I eventually sold it. I can't remember everything about it but I was NOT IMPRESSED. It is a BEAST though. It is built very heavy duty.

I also had the MOJO III. Didn't like it either.

I have one - you are lucky. Mine is the one brush in my collection that I have only kept because I would feel bad taking money from someone else for it. And, that is after I returned it three times to get one that was tolerable.

I've one and it works fine, but got a few nozzle that don't work at all!! As @DaveG said it's a matter of luck!! I let the 0,66 nozzle in it with the fan and use it for big coverages only!!

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

I've one and it works fine, but got a few nozzle that don't work at all!! As @DaveG said it's a matter of luck!! I let the 0,66 nozzle in it with the fan and use it for big coverages only!!

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

That is true Marcos - I do use mine for the final varnish of some of my work(s) - with the fan tip, as mentioned.

I have one and have the #1 (fine) and #2 (medium) setups. #1 will not work and when it does its hit and miss. The #2 setup works great and i've had no issues with it. I did my Cameron Diaz, a bird and another portrait with it no problem. Lots of folks have had issues but I think i have a good one.

I have one and have the #1 (fine) and #2 (medium) setups. #1 will not work and when it does its hit and miss. The #2 setup works great and i've had no issues with it. I did my Cameron Diaz, a bird and another portrait with it no problem. Lots of folks have had issues but I think i have a good one.

I guess getting a Paasche to half function is considered getting a "good one".

I got it with the #2 setup but brought and swapped it to the #1 so it would be similar to the Mojo III as I have a mojo II and desperately wanted the Mojo III but i soon swapped back to the #2 setup when the fine setup proved too finiky. Plus i could get nice fine lines with the medium setup. They are built well so cleaning is pretty easy. So if it works then leave it working and try not to mess with the setup.

I got it with the #2 setup but brought and swapped it to the #1 so it would be similar to the Mojo III as I have a mojo II and desperately wanted the Mojo III but i soon swapped back to the #2 setup when the fine setup proved too finiky. Plus i could get nice fine lines with the medium setup. They are built well so cleaning is pretty easy. So if it works then leave it working and try not to mess with the setup.

I recently bought a MOJO 3 off eBay for $36 and it even came with a spare polished needle and box. I have used it and sprayed some Golden transparent paint and can say that I got a good one! It performs as well as my Badger Renegade Spirit in fine lines and is close to the Olympos SP-B. I do agree that the Paasche company's QC quality has slipped too much as of late but this brush (a mod'ded Raptor from Mike Learn) has alot of potential and a very sound design all told. The fluid nozzle idea is very good but again will only be good if the parts are milled to spec. In my case they are but how many aren't even close?
Regards,
Chris the cabbie
"No matter where you go, there you are "

I almost brought a mojo III but tried my mates one and didn't like it. Sounds like you have a good one. Look after it and be careful of the needle they are famous for bending for no reason. I know mike sourced some stronger needles but not sure if you have one of those.
I love the mojo II. Mike learn's airbrush forum was the first one I ever went on and spent many years there. That's how I got my mojo II. Rod Fuchs sent me one of his personal airbrushes as I was using an old Aztec 3000 and it changed everything. So naturally when M3 came out I wanted one but I think paasche let the side down a bit. Good luck with it anyway. You should be ok.

Lee

I almost brought a mojo III but tried my mates one and didn't like it. Sounds like you have a good one. Look after it and be careful of the needle they are famous for bending for no reason. I know mike sourced some stronger needles but not sure if you have one of those.
I love the mojo II. Mike learn's airbrush forum was the first one I ever went on and spent many years there. That's how I got my mojo II. Rod Fuchs sent me one of his personal airbrushes as I was using an old Aztec 3000 and it changed everything. So naturally when M3 came out I wanted one but I think paasche let the side down a bit. Good luck with it anyway. You should be ok.

Lee

Lee

I had 2 needles in the box and one was polished but the other looked to be stock and unpolished. I still have the unpolished in the brush and have no complaints on the spraying ability at all. I will probably try the polished needle out soon to see if there is an appreciable difference. I would like to get the grip slide on for the Mojo 3 but doubt they are still available at this time and am not on Facebook to try to get Mike Learns attention to find out if there is any remaining stock(Facebook id was hacked awhile back and no support to rectify it either!), oh well.

Regards,
Chris the cabbie

yes i think got a good one my mate bought one and the fine head don't work why i wonder u would think that paasche would test before selling have a mojo worked but packed up a couple of weeks after use gave up on it as it was too hard to get a responce from the learns for parts

I had 2 needles in the box and one was polished but the other looked to be stock and unpolished. I still have the unpolished in the brush and have no complaints on the spraying ability at all. I will probably try the polished needle out soon to see if there is an appreciable difference. I would like to get the grip slide on for the Mojo 3 but doubt they are still available at this time and am not on Facebook to try to get Mike Learns attention to find out if there is any remaining stock(Facebook id was hacked awhile back and no support to rectify it either!), oh well.

Regards,
Chris the cabbie

Try here, i think they are called rail grips..

http://www.goestores.com/storename/rollingchrome/dept/218757/ItemDetail-10849264.aspx

Lee

I msg'd Mike on Facebook and he said he doesnt have any however he said he would have a look to see if he has one hiding somewhere.

I msg'd Mike on Facebook and he said he doesnt have any however he said he would have a look to see if he has one hiding somewhere.

Thank you for asking Mike on my behalf! Here's to hoping and after looking around on his site I see a new front end size 0 needle and fluid noozle? I'm wondering what mine is as it isn't really marked in any meaningful way.
Regards,
Chris the cabbie

I will check my fine setup and see if there are any markings. I got my stuff from amazon or ebay, cant remember exactly but i recall it was a model shop. Anyway check on AMazon and ebay as you can get the whole setup quite cheap.

Mike did say he had shut his shop so although the links work you may not be able to order.

If you cant get a rail grip consider some stuff called Sugru.

Last edited:
Ok just been and checked, my #2 setup 0.38 has 2 ridges around the cap, the nozzle has 2 ridges too and theres also 2 ridges at the end of the needle. The #1 has only 1 ridge on each.

Ok just been and checked, my #2 setup 0.38 has 2 ridges around the cap, the nozzle has 2 ridges too and theres also 2 ridges at the end of the needle. The #1 has only 1 ridge on each.

I'll give mine a look over tonight and see but the spare needle does say it's a super fine needle. I wonder if that means it's one of the last super fine conversions that are on the site you linked to earlier?
Regards,
Chris the cabbie

I'll give mine a look over tonight and see but the spare needle does say it's a super fine needle. I wonder if that means it's one of the last super fine conversions that are on the site you linked to earlier?
Regards,
Chris the cabbie

I think the super fine may be a .02 but i don't know of a .02 nozzle unless Mike had them made for the mojoIII soif not I presume it was used with the 0.25 nozzle which is the standard fine setup 1 ridge / groove. Haven't heard anything back from him yet. Consider the sugru to make the grip, its dead easy to use.

Lee

Back