Paasche VISION & TALON

J

jspete64

Hi,
I live in the U.S.I have been airbrushing for about 3 years...I would describe my skill level as intermediate..I currently own an IWATA Kustom CS,CH,and CM...I am looking to purchase another detail brush and workhorse brush...I am really interested in the Talon and Vision....can anybody tell me how these compare to Iwata's?I love my Iwata's but I am looking to try something different...The Paasche's look impressive...just looking for some insight...

Lemmie tell ya what I call my Paasche Vision... a PILE OF SHEET!! Was nice outa the box, once ya take apart to either clean, or swap heads/needles, the bitchy thing wont spray right. I bought it for the fan head, and I hate rhe piece of crap!! Lolol. @WhiteKnight uses the Talon, and he likes his.
I have 2 friends that also fell into the Vision idea, and chucked them. Gave em away for free.

I have a talon 0.3 setup laying around gathering dust , I used it once and found that even the iwata revolution 0.5 was better in every step of the way ,to me it is a crappy brush

You have all the brushes you asked for . HP-CS work horse. CM detail . Are you just looking for different brushes that can come close to those ?
H&S Infinity 2 in 1 . Badger Krome also 2 in 1.
Not sure why you would be looking for different brushes unless you have damaged them too many time that can get hard on the pockets with the CM.
But again airbrush are personnel and only the user can say if it is the right brush for them.
I have Iwata , Badger, H&S and like Ronald a Paasche Talon that pretty much collects dust Unless I want to use it as a super mini spray gun .
But mainly if you have the funds and want them buy them . Form your own opinion . Pretty sure you will go back to using the IWATA's

I would agree. I don't have a Talon or Vision, but I do have a Mojo III and I don't even use it anymore. I used it quite a bit when I first got it, but it can be a finicky brush. My Iwata and H&S brushes are reliable and predictable, which makes me reach for them more than anything else.

I am just looking for some new brushes,and since I have never used anything but my Iwata's,I thought maybe the Passches would be comparable for less money...the fan cap would be nice though....I don't want to replace my Iwata's,just have something else to add to my rack for color chamges...

Like @MeeshellMP said I have a Talon, I like it but I also confirm that it is a finicky brush. It was my first brush and so I had no comparison and had to learn its specifics. I did have my share of frustrations, but once you learn exactly how tight you need to put the air cap to get maximum flow it works great. When you change size you need to re-adjust everything (air cap, packing). Since I got more brushes now I use my Talon as my work horse and will use it for paint I would rather not place in my other brushes (like metallic paints).

Hope This helps :)

Just my personal opinion but, if it were my money I would buy another HP-CS (virtually nothing that bad boy can't do) and get another CM for detail. IMO these are a perfect combo, and well worth having more than one of if you just want to have more for colour changes.

Thanks for all the advice....I was thinking of just getting another CS and CM....just thought if the Passches were comparable,for a whole lot less money,I could get more bang for my buck....because after all,an airbrush is just a tool....it either sprays paint or it doesn't....I have talked to a few people that love the Talons,and some absolutely hate them....I guess I could just buy one and see if I like it....if not,at least I won't be out a lot of money..

Just my personal opinion but, if it were my money I would buy another HP-CS (virtually nothing that bad boy can't do) and get another CM for detail. IMO these are a perfect combo, and well worth having more than one of if you just want to have more for colour changes.
Can't take pictures though can it Trish! !!

Alberto ponno still uses paasche an old Vl I think.... bit the key word there is old like from the early 80s. Since then even in the same model all build quality has gone from paasche . Stick to your iwatas badgers and hs

Can't take pictures though can it Trish! !!
Lol, I haven't got it quite trained just yet LOL! But I have got it to stay, play dead, ignore me when I call to it, spit, stay down on it's belly..... a few more training session and I might get it to "speak", and when it can say "Oy. Take some photos you stupid biatch!" you might get the occasional SBS PMSL.

Believe it or not, only time the Vision works. Works, is when its dirty lol. And because the paint likes to flood in the back of the brush, and cakes in there, it seals up the needed spaces, and decides to paint. Once clean, ya screwed lmao, have to wait for it to back flush paint again lololoo

Thanks for all the advice....I was thinking of just getting another CS and CM....just thought if the Passches were comparable,for a whole lot less money,I could get more bang for my buck....because after all,an airbrush is just a tool....it either sprays paint or it doesn't....I have talked to a few people that love the Talons,and some absolutely hate them....I guess I could just buy one and see if I like it....if not,at least I won't be out a lot of money..
I bought a Talon primarily for the fan tip. When it arrived I was shocked to see the paint cup horribly misaligned. To their credit, after contacting Paasche, they offered to replace the brush if I sent it back to them. They also explained the paint cups are brazed to the bodies without fixtures or jigs (I don't understand why not, but OK, it's their process...). I tried the fan cap recently and it spit paint. Maybe it's only meant to work with a specific needle in the kit and therefore this is my fault but overall I am a bit underwhelmed with the Talon.

Fan cap is designed to work with the size 3 head was going to resurrect mine for the fan cap but not sure if I will for a while not a brush I would go out and buy another. Olympos, Badger "Renegade", or Iwata!!!

Alberto ponno still uses paasche an old Vl I think.... bit the key word there is old like from the early 80s. Since then even in the same model all build quality has gone from paasche . Stick to your iwatas badgers and hs
I have to agree with Adam on this , I bought a talon years ago and it was the worse airbrush I ever owned it sprayed good for about a day but that didnt last long and even a good clean didnt solve that so a second good clean no improvement : a good check up : a split nozzle ! I didnt drop it nor did I used any force when I twisted the needle to clean the nozzle it is just plain and simple poor quality

You name it, I've sprayed it. Micron and H&S Infinity are all I use any more. I'd own an Olympos but the customs is too much a mystery to chance it.

Back