paint bubbling out from trigger of paashe talon

bubba g

Young Tutorling
I'm hoping I didn't damage anything but I had a tough time removing the old seal. I ended up having to take a small screw driver and destroying the old one. I did replace it with a brand new one.

I also put a new needle in after the paint started bubbling out from the trigger and it is still happening...

Hopefully someone here can help me out...

Yes... it's coming out from the trigger.

brand new packing, and new needle from chicago airbrush supply.

I'm hoping I didn't over tighten the packing screw...

I remember thinking that the needle went in pretty easily...

I had a similar problem, I think it was caused by back flushing my gun and ended up with water in my trigger where the little piston is located. Every time I pulled the trigger I heard a bubbling sound. Removed the assembly, cleaned everything and let it dry over night, works fine. I am no expert, all I can say is this worked for me.

I had a similar problem, I think it was caused by back flushing my gun and ended up with water in my trigger where the little piston is located. Every time I pulled the trigger I heard a bubbling sound. Removed the assembly, cleaned everything and let it dry over night, works fine. I am no expert, all I can say is this worked for me.

Already tried that... I'm ordering a couple more new packing assemblies right now. I think the one I got was defective... I put the needle through it before I even put it together, and it seemed to have a little bit too much wiggle room...

They are adjustable. Do you have it tight enough? turning it clockwise while looking from the back will make it tighter in the gun....

I ordered the new packing. I'm also going to order some Teflon round, and attempt to make my own solvent resistant packing with my mini lathe.

I'll post in here how it turns out...

You might have a small peice of dryed paint or and old packing stuck in the gun letting air thru.try taking it apart again and flushing everything out really well(look with a flashlight) and then put it all back together and try it

Okay. A little update... I machined my own packing from some delrin I had lying around.

It's a little too snug around the needle. I have a set of drill bits that increase in size by increments of a 64th if an inch. Unfortunately the size I used is a little too small and the next size up is a little too big... I'm guessing that the air brush uses metric sizes. Either I'll have to get the right sized but, or I'm going to have to make a boring bar that is the right size...

Chicago airbrush supply is holding my order until Monday because one of the items I ordered is out of stock... Hopefully I can get the homemade packing working tomorrow... I really don't want to wait that long to get up and running...

Yeah you can't have the packing that tight. You want to tighten it just until it starts to snug with resistance then give it a quarter turn. Check your spray. You never want to crank down on it. Too loose, spray pattern grainy and paint flooding your ab body. Too tight and same deal. The seal is there to prevent paint from entering the body while maintaining a seal between the needle. If you look at your needle you will see a taper. This is what rests against the packing. Too tight and the edge of the taper will protrude past the seal allowing paint into the body. Too loose and there is simply no material to seal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Yeah you can't have the packing that tight. You want to tighten it just until it starts to snug with resistance then give it a quarter turn. Check your spray. You never want to crank down on it. Too loose, spray pattern grainy and paint flooding your ab body. Too tight and same deal. The seal is there to prevent paint from entering the body while maintaining a seal between the needle. If you look at your needle you will see a taper. This is what rests against the packing. Too tight and the edge of the taper will protrude past the seal allowing paint into the body. Too loose and there is simply no material to seal.

Thanks for this info. Very helpful

Got the new packing in today. Tried to get it to where it was just snug then turned it a quarter turn. Put some water in the cup, and within just a few seconds water started coming out near the trigger. I took it back apart tightened another quarter turn put it back together sprayed a whole color Cup full of water no issue. Put some paint in the color cup and started practicing and within a couple minute the paint started coming out near the trigger again..

Getting a little frustrated with it...

Sounds like a possible nozzle leak. It's really hard to tell without seeing it. If you were able to ship it to me I could tell you lol.

Sounds like a possible nozzle leak. It's really hard to tell without seeing it. If you were able to ship it to me I could tell you lol.

I figured out the problem... I was putting the paint in the wrong place...

Here is where I should have been putting it.. Got a real good deal on it... what a huge improvement...

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w286/massmang/20140801_164005.jpg

I think I messed up the talon removing the old packing... It was really stuck in there. I tried everything. Ended up having to destroy the old one with a mini screwdriver. The place where the packing goes into must be tapered to get a compression fit. It's possible I damaged that... I really tried getting the talon to work. Tried a quarter turn at a time... no luck...

It's not tapered. The air cap has to be adjusted as well. I'll admit these models are finicky if you don't know them.

It's not tapered. The air cap has to be adjusted as well. I'll admit these models are finicky if you don't know them.

My aircap is not adjustable....Are you still talking Talon? Its either tight enough or if not, you get an air leak causing bubbles. You need to change it if you go to a different size needle....

It's adjustable, mojo is the same model, just modified internals. The cap has an o ring on it for a reason. You want it about dead center between tight and loose. Then adjust from there. This let's you dial in the needle since its changing the air gap.

Right here. uploadfromtaptalk1406935520146.jpg

If you notice also, the o ring on the tail piece is actually a replacement o ring for the cap. Why else would you need an o ring where a seal isn't needed.

Back