paint bubbling out from trigger of paashe talon

How far forward did you lube the needle? If it touches the taper it has gone past the packing and creates a leak as well. That and contaminates the paint.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

How far forward did you lube the needle? If it touches the taper it has gone past the packing and creates a leak as well. That and contaminates the paint.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Ok this could be it.

I got the new packing, and super lube at the same time. I lube the entire needle. I saw a video from the airbrush tutor where he coated the whole needle with machine oil. This is why I have been using it on the entire length of the needle...

I'll try using no lube.

All set... I did two things to at once so I can't say for sure which fixed it.

I stopped lubing the entire needle, and I also tightened the packing instead of putting it all back together between tightenings I turned it a quarter then slid the needle in until I felt a slight resistance. When I started out the needle was just sliding right through.

Now that I have this one working good I'll play around with my iwata kustom cm...

Thanks again for all of your help...

And you doubted me lol. I know it's a finicky brush, but once you learn to control it, screw a micron. Microns are great so jump me people lol. Out of the box and simple yes, but expensive and expensive parts.

And you doubted me lol. I know it's a finicky brush, but once you learn to control it, screw a micron. Microns are great so jump me people lol. Out of the box and simple yes, but expensive and expensive parts.

I can agree with you on that one, the Micron is nice, but its not the first one I reach for. My CMC+ sits in its case more often than not.

I really like the talon allot... I think it's a bit under rated... you can get it to work silky smooth with a little polishing.

I put the needle into a drill and polished it with JB bore paste which is a very very fine metal polish used for polishing the inside of competition rifle barrels. I also polished the inside of the trigger where the needle goes through it, the back of the trigger where the the rocker assembly contacts it, the rocker assembly where it contacts the trigger, the nozzle, the spring etc. It all made a huge difference.

I can agree with you on that one, the Micron is nice, but its not the first one I reach for. My CMC+ sits in its case more often than not.

Which one do you use over the cmc+?

I have the kustom cm. The difference is I'm sure very little between the kustom, or the custom. As far as I know the only difference is the larger color cup, and a little longer trigger for better control. I've played around with it a little and it is extremely smooth right out of the box.

It is definitely over priced though. I saw a parts list. I can buy a paashe talon for not much more then a nozzle, and needle for the iwata costs...

Which one do you use over the cmc+?

I have the kustom cm. The difference is I'm sure very little between the kustom, or the custom. As far as I know the only difference is the larger color cup, and a little longer trigger for better control. I've played around with it a little and it is extremely smooth right out of the box.

It is definitely over priced though. I saw a parts list. I can buy a paashe talon for not much more then a nozzle, and needle for the iwata costs...

H&S Evolution AL Plus. I just like the way it feels, weight, and trigger action on it. I use it for most of my work.

Back