paint choice for realistic skull

action

Young Tutorling
what water based paint is good to paint a realistic bone shades in a skull. I see a lot of light tan shades...and off white...

Being you have yet to make an introduction so we might know where on this big old planet you live it makes it harder to help you find proper references.

But unless a bone is bleached it is not white when it comes out of the body . The environment it is stored in and ground it is found in also plays a part in what the true color of a real skull will look like.
But for a great place to find a reference look here http://www.skullsunlimited.com/

I usually mix a little yellow and a touch of red to white for my almond color skull base, then shade with a rootbeer brown. Since you won't be using a urethane kandy you would have to darken the brown manually. I know etac makes a skull color set.

I usually mix a little yellow and a touch of red to white for my almond color skull base, then shade with a rootbeer brown. Since you won't be using a urethane kandy you would have to darken the brown manually. I know etac makes a skull color set.
thanks...etac is the paint I use so I ll try getting the skull set.

Back