Paint coming out without pulling back trigger

A

Aneirin

Hello there. Have an iwata eclipse HP-CS.

I have noticed an issue that sometimes, when I press for air to come out, paint will come out even though I haven't pulled the trigger back at all.

Sometimes when I take out the needle and rescrew it in it fixes but other times not.

Has this happened to anyone else and if so what is the cause (probably something simple I am forgetting to do)

There can either be a bit of paint still stuck inside the nozzle of it is damaged. But it will do it everytime if the nozzle were damaged.

It could just be the needles not seated in the nozzle(your first fix in your post)
Or some paint buildup in the nozzle not allowing the needle to go forward and seat( A good cleaning should fix it) by good I mean take it apart and soaking the nozzle,cap and front of the brush in restorer and really getting it clean till nothing comes out.
Or as stated by Andre above some thing is damaged(bent needle,split nozzle.or dented cap?) The fix there is to replace the part thats bad hope this helps you out

Appart from the above, it being an iwata (not sure about the eclipe) you probably can set the tension on the trigger (at the back where you lock the needle). If this is set too loose it cant push the needle 100% back reulting inpaint the moment you press the air (happens to me on occasion as I like to have it as light as possible).

Clean ithe nozzle, and then when you think its clean, clean it again LOL. You'd be surprised! But I have had what haasje suggests above happen to me too :)

Appart from the above, it being an iwata (not sure about the eclipe) you probably can set the tension on the trigger (at the back where you lock the needle). If this is set too loose it cant push the needle 100% back reulting inpaint the moment you press the air (happens to me on occasion as I like to have it as light as possible).
Forgot that!thanks Haasje

I have same gun and have had the back lock ring (not sure it's proper name) that is tunable in the cutout portion come loose enough to let needlet not seat properly. I have also had drops of paint stick to tip so I am getting in the habit of applying air towards a sheet I have hanging to insure no paint. This way if there is a drop I don't spray it on my work piece.

Thanks for the tips.

So far I have just been doing some light cleaning (cleaner between color changes and at the end taking the needle and wiping, and taking the ozzle off)

Haven't done a deep clean as some sit eon the itnernet said it shouldn't be neccesary if you fo the former religiously.

Got me a proper cleaning kit to give it a good deep clean (though to be fair it may be what you mentioned, sometimes when I tighten it, it works, though it may be a combination where tightening does work but because of build up I need to tighten it more or it is more difficult to tighten)

Don't know if your HP-CS has solvent proof needle packing? so don't soak the whole airbrush just the front (I stand mine up in about 3/4 inch of restorer in a cup after removing the needle,cap and nozzle from the brush)

I believe all the HP-CS made in the last 10 years have teflon needle packing. You don't need to do a complete strip down too often, but when you are starting out, particularly while you are figuring out your paint ratios, and are maybe not always getting the best flow, the nozzle can get a build up or become clogged more easily.

Same thing happened to me one day with my Eclipse. I had the trigger tension super loose just trying something new. I thought that i just didn't have the needle seated good. But that's got to be the reason because I haven't had that happen since.

Back