paint flow issuse

R

rawr2457

Bought a cheap airbrush awhile back for about 80 bucks for both the compressor and the gun but when I paint with it its very inconsistent sometimes ill have to pull the trigger all the way back for any paint to come out and sometimes ill just barley have to pull it back the airflow is fine but I think somethings wrong with the gun its a gravity feed I've tried reducing the paint in every com bination possible and psi and its clean the needles fine and today I was painting and paintsquirted out of the paint cup what do you guys think ? Do I need a New gun or what ?

That is the problem with cheap brushes. It like forrest gump always said "you never know what your gonna get", lol!!

Take the cap off with paint or water in it and push down on the trigger. See if there are bubbles coming up in the cup. Your nozzle may not be seated properly, or it may be damaged. Where did you get this at?

Josh

That is the problem with cheap brushes. It like forrest gump always said "you never know what your gonna get", lol!!

Take the cap off with paint or water in it and push down on the trigger. See if there are bubbles coming up in the cup. Your nozzle may not be seated properly, or it may be damaged. Where did you get this at?

Josh

Lol yeah there's bubbles inside of the paint feed is there anyway to fix this ?

Lol yeah there's bubbles inside of the paint feed is there anyway to fix this ?

Hello, if you have a magnifying glass and see if the nozzle is cracked or broken.
If so buy a new airbrush, Iwata neo or similar.
If there are no breakages could have the gasket ruined.
cheap guns have rubber seals, if you use synthetic colors have the previous owner used this type of paint has hardened sure the gasket, and should be thrown away.
If you, try to build a seal with Teflon.
A tip! never buy used airbrushes if you do not know the owner

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have bubbling in the cup, you have an air leak most likely in the nozzle cap. Remove the nozzle cap and seal the threads with either teflon tape or bees wax. Try this and see if the bubbling stops.

Sorry raw, I went to sleep after I typed that. I would have said the same as the the 2 fine gentlemen above me here.

Emphasis on buying a new brush. Trust me you will have nothing but problems with that one. If your new and don't know how much you will wanna airbrush get the Iwata Neo it's a great beginner brush, dependable and cheap, $60.
If you really like it start with a Iwata eclipse hp-cs $130 or maybe a renegade chrome $110. Pros use both of these guns everyday and create masterpieces.

Josh

Thanks for the advice as soon as I get some money ill get a New airbrush fersure

Thanks for the advice as soon as I get some money ill get a New airbrush fersure
very well, always consider that in addition the airbrush you buy a kit for cleaning.
They are the best brushes to clean the spray gun very economic some € 4 is indispensable.
The airbrushes that you recommended Seamonkey are great to start, Iwata is the top of ;)

Back