Paint flow problem

Like the others have said the packing screw needs adjusting to stop the paint from moving into the trigger area. I would recommend taking it out and making sure that it's clean if you have paint flushing back into the trigger area you may need to clean up the trigger too. use a long thin small flat head screw driver it only takes micro adjustments to get it right. When you are putting the needle in you should be feeling "resistance" as it goes through the Packing screw
iw-cutaway.jpg

Hey guys! thanks for your replies. I'm sorry I wasn't very helpful with my information.

Yes it's an iwata CR, and I opted for the 3mm needle.

The paints I'm using are for miniature painting, Model Colour theyre called. Not tube acrylics. Also, acrylic inks. I water them down using water and alcohol.

I do occasionally get bubbles in the cup, but I'm not putting hardly any paint in the cup so it can't be overfilled.

I can spray water, and I can spray the paint just fine, but occasionally is blocks and then spurts out a lot.

When I received the airbrush, I had this issue, so i took it to my local art shop and the guy ordered a new nozzle and installed it for me. But if you think its the nozzle being blocked then I don't know what else I can do!

I'm following tutorials on how to use it, doing everything correctly as I'm told.

Thanks for the help, I hope this clears up any doubts about my equipment and paint choices.

Thanks!! This is an awesome forum!
I didn't take the time to read all the replies but if it is backing up the needle past the packing bearing all you need to do is get a fine screwdriver and take apart the back of the brush, insert the screwdriver carefully and turn the packing bearing to the right just a tad. Then place the needle and see if you feel a slight resistance. If not turn it a pinch more and so on. I had this issue with my old airbrushes when my pressure was to high and the bearing was not tight enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back