For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Paint pal 9 Spring Thraw

Discussion in 'The OC Challenge!' started by Mr.Micron, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Raidok

Raidok Double Actioner

Mr.Micron did you put them in the correct file, or do i have to upload them again?
  2. Mr.Micron

Mr.Micron Royal pain in the air hose Admin

You can up load them due to folks have replied after so I can not jump move the post.
    But no worries .
  3. beanpoleuk

beanpoleuk Elite Member! Elite Member! Artist of the Month! Very Likeable!

Mine sent on its way yesterday going to be at least 10 days getting to its new home ☺
  4. JackEb

JackEb Dragon Hunter Staff Member Admin

Mine is now in the hands of Australia post.
    On its way to its new home..... I'm so nervous ..... I hope it brings a smile to its new owner
  5. Squishy

Squishy Queen Clown Slayer Mod

Hopefully they are all on the way now, so should have a fresh crop soon , yay!
    JackEb and MeeshellMP like this.
  6. Diegojavbau

Diegojavbau Air-Valve Autobot!

Today I send mine , right over the dead line !!

I paste my painting on self-adhesive foambord to give a better support and a piece of cardboard over to protect it from bending .
    This time , I get an asshole post office employee , that say that "He doesn't know what is in the package" and pretend that I send it through the customs office !!!:thumbsdown:

I went to customs and think "This is ridiculous":poo: , so I came back to discuss again.
    My argument was simple "is my 7th and never have this problem before" but wasn't enough for him , he say " depends on the employee good will " !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

So , before I tear his head out , I jump to another employee to explain again the situation , while I doing this , the asshole come trying to screw me again saying to this guy that he must not send it :mad:

This is not all , the new guy have better dedication , so I chat more about the paintpal system and show him a picture of my card , then he say "did you have artist license to send this ?" "how much this cost ?":eek:

Artist license !!!!!!! this is the most absurd thing that happened to me in the postal system by now :alien:

Finally the guy understand and send it , even he ask me for my facebook page and take my phone number for future reference and maybe a t-shirt

Is there anyone that experiment something similar ?
  7. JackEb

JackEb Dragon Hunter Staff Member Admin

artist licence lol lol
    first time I've heard that one ! I hope that it gets to where it needs to be in a timely fashion !
    Squishy and Diegojavbau like this.
  8. musicmacd

musicmacd Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

Artist licence :) that my excuse when things go wrong :)
    God damn world is becoming a prison, im sure air will be taxed soon
    Squishy and Diegojavbau like this.
  9. Squishy

Squishy Queen Clown Slayer Mod

Wow Diego, never heard that one before !!!! Is an artist license a real thing over there???? Glad it isn't here, mine would get refused lol.

Your postal system certainly seems....um....interesting lol.
    Diegojavbau likes this.
  10. Diegojavbau

Diegojavbau Air-Valve Autobot!

Someboby tell me about some laws about sending artwork by mail , but I assume that we are talking about "real artworks" , I mean expensive , great reputation author , and I'm in other galaxy of that world
    Squishy likes this.
  11. Mr.Micron

Mr.Micron Royal pain in the air hose Admin

First I just put it in either a photo mailer or lately I custom make the mailer on a machine I use here at work.
    I make sure I know it will pass through a mail slot (they check for that at the post office here) , Then when they ask what I am sending I tell them a photo for a friend .
    The first out of country one I tried to send they wanted customs forms , what type of paint , any clear coating, and a long list of things.
    But a neighbor of mine who works for the post office told me what I needed to do and what I needed to say just to have no issues on sending it.
    He also told me not to track it cause in some places that raises red flags and they hold it for a super long time.
    So since then I have not had any issues sending something across the pond.. now send something to Florida is still hit or miss LOL
  12. Jake H.

Jake H. Gravity Guru

I want to apologize to my PP, I just sent mine out today but you will have it by Tuesday next week at the latest! Sorry for sending it late, please don't look at it when you get it, just pretend it's good and you like it :eek:
    CALz AyrWKz likes this.
  13. CALz AyrWKz

CALz AyrWKz Moderator Mod

I super wrapped mine. LOL Between cardboard and wrapped in bubble wrap. Then into the large envelope. Well, based on the problems the others have had, mine might get stuck in customs. LOL Sorry for that my paint pal. Hopefully you'll get it soon.