paint recommendations

L

Lonekimono

Hello everyone! Could someone point me in the right direction? I am looking for a good brand of airbrush paint to paint an American flag on a motorcycle. Is a urethane base what most people use? Thanks!

Others that do vehicles will pop in with time but Createx Wicked / Createx Wicked detail is popular... used with High performance reducer and 4030 /4020 mix additive.

Water bourne, masks are still highly recommended but full face respirator is not (unless you have one) Urethane sprayed at home is not 'legal' due to the fumes and health risks to yourself and neighbours, pets etc.

I use Createx Wicked. It needs quite a lot of reduction, but the colours are vibrant and lightfast, so no fading, and the Detail (trans) pop nicely when cleared.

First Question what is you set up painting area ? If you do not have a paint booth or your garage is attached to your house then DO NOT USE URETHANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is very harmful to not only your life but that of family and neighbors.
Wicked will work well and you can take it to a local paint shop for the urethane clear coat if you do not have a paint booth.
Safety first.

Make sure you get the 4012 high performance reducer. Some water based reduce with water or home brews. Wicked gums up with water, and for best performance the 4012 is key. It has many properties that make it ideal for vehicles - including harder cure, quick drying, less surface tension - plus less tip dry (almost zero tip dry when you get it right).

i struggled with paint for awhile, i work in a body shop and we use solvents and waterbourne, but when i airbrush at home i use acrylics, and all im going to say for ME createx w100 reducer fixed everything, and i use holbein aeroflash

i struggled with paint for awhile, i work in a body shop and we use solvents and waterbourne, but when i airbrush at home i use acrylics, and all im going to say for ME createx w100 reducer fixed everything, and i use holbein aeroflash
w100?! not w500?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

which one is w500? i have high performance, a ton of w100, illustartion transparent, automotibe reducer, and intercoat for candys

The W100/4011 is the older version. The W500/4012 is the improved high performance reducer.

Back