Paint + reducer

P

PJV

Hi all just wandering how much reducer in the paint I am using trident paint how do I measure it I hope you can help

It's very pigment rich so you can reduce it quite a lot. try 5 reducer:1 paint and go from there,

Lee

How do you measure it with eye dropper never do this before
Just go with the number of drops. A little paint through an airbrush goes a long way. So we’re talking 1 drop of paint and however many drops of reducer you want try.
So Lee was saying, 1 drop of paint to 5 drops of reducer.
It’s frustrating when you start as nobody seems to give you a straight answer. Unfortunately that’s because there isn’t a straight answer lol, it’s all part of the learning process.
But some information on the airbrush you use and the nozzle size would help us to help you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Th
Just go with the number of drops. A little paint through an airbrush goes a long way. So we’re talking 1 drop of paint and however many drops of reducer you want try.
So Lee was saying, 1 drop of paint to 5 drops of reducer.
It’s frustrating when you start as nobody seems to give you a straight answer. Unfortunately that’s because there isn’t a straight answer lol, it’s all part of the learning process.
But some information on the airbrush you use and the nozzle size would help us to help you.

thanks pal all new to me as I am Kustom fishing rod builder I have made myself a squid jig

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    450.1 KB · Views: 18
No problem Mate. I’m fairly new to all this too, best advice I can give you is to have fun and listen to every word of advice the guys on the forum have to offer. You won’t find any better.

I did a squid lure for a guy wanting it for muskie(no muskie in the wild has ever seen a real squid much less eat one) but it caught him some fish:thumbsup:

Th

thanks pal all new to me as I am Kustom fishing rod builder I have made myself a squid jig
Iwata th? If so that eats paint quick, .5mm needle nozzle but the taper is different then most airbeushea, i have a kustom th, ita more of a coverage gun

Hi
I did a squid lure for a guy wanting it for muskie(no muskie in the wild has ever seen a real squid much less eat one) but it caught him some fish:thumbsup:

Hi bud yeah it is a trail error but it is made out of balsa wood haven't finished it yet as my compressor decide to give up the ghost so thanks

YEAH keep trying air mix and reduction ratios. ALSO depends if you want detail, mix thin. COVerage I keep a bit thick when I do lures. It's a balance act, between air, mixture, and airbrush operator. Keep at it and experiment.

Thanks for that
YEAH keep trying air mix and reduction ratios. ALSO depends if you want detail, mix thin. COVerage I keep a bit thick when I do lures. It's a balance act, between air, mixture, and airbrush operator. Keep at it and experiment.
njs

Back