Paint running

Jimmyfingerz

Mac-Valve Maestro!
Hello again.......:rolleyes:

I’ve decided to have a go at a little colour theory as this is what I have decided to take up airbrushing to learn........
Well I thought i’d have a go at doing Mitch’s colour wheel, i’t was going ok but i’m not sure if I put too much paint on the canvas but it run pretty bad. Is there a way to layer paint so it doesn’t run?
I’m using com-art paints on Daler-Rowney Bristol board 115lb

I promise I used the search function first and couldn’t find anything so i’m guessing it’s a pretty silly question :(

No such thing as a silly question Mate. If it’s running, the chances are it’s simply you putting it on too heavy. I want to say that Com-Art are fairly transparent, which means they will want a few layers before they reach their full coverage capacity (somebody please correct if this is not the case) [emoji3]. Try misting the layers on lightly and giving each layer a moment or two to dry. It’ll be more trial and error than anything else. But don’t try and cover the white of the paper until the third or forth layer. These are just guesses, so don’t worry about sticking 100% to what I’ve suggested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok bud thanks, I shall try that.
I bought a course by some lady who I completely forgot what she is called but it is based on street art with an airbrush rather than spray cans and she uses a hairdryer to dry. Is this a big Nono or a tool worth using?

Ok bud thanks, I shall try that.
I bought a course by some lady who I completely forgot what she is called but it is based on street art with an airbrush rather than spray cans and she uses a hairdryer to dry. Is this a big Nono or a tool worth using?

I've always used a hair dryer, it should be part of your tool kit, although you need to bear in mind that later if want to start using erase and scratch techniques, using the dryer will close the window you have to do that with most paint brands, but for you're colour wheel it's just the job.

No such thing as a silly question Mate. If it’s running, the chances are it’s simply you putting it on too heavy. I want to say that Com-Art are fairly transparent, which means they will want a few layers before they reach their full coverage capacity (somebody please correct if this is not the case) [emoji3]. Try misting the layers on lightly and giving each layer a moment or two to dry. It’ll be more trial and error than anything else. But don’t try and cover the white of the paper until the third or forth layer. These are just guesses, so don’t worry about sticking 100% to what I’ve suggested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What he said

I've always used a hair dryer, it should be part of your tool kit, although you need to bear in mind that later if want to start using erase and scratch techniques, using the dryer will close the window you have to do that with most paint brands, but for you're colour wheel it's just the job.

Ok Malky thanks.............i’m bald so if you hear the wife asking about to find where her hairdryer went this convo never happened lol

The cool thing about being bald is that if you ask a neighbour if you can borrow a hair dryer they are usually too afraid to ask you why, and even more afraid to ask for it back:thumbsup:
Classic MBlollollol word about the dryer - leave the heat off - waterbased doesn't like heat it likes air movement. Think it's been covered but running paint is just you going to hard too quick:D:D

Back