paint seal o ring

A

ad fez

well after only using my velocity a hand full of times I'm now getting loads of paint back near my trigger, looking at the manual it seems as though the paint seal o ring needs replacing, in the manual it says "in the rare instance that this wil need replacing" rare instance...I've only used it 5 times, cleaned with restorer and only used wicked paints...wtaf!? gonna be a pain up the harris to replace aswell, specially as half way through comp piece grgrrrrrrr.gonna be lucky to gerty anything I n at this rate

did you check the o ring to see it was damaged fez, i dont thing the ring is going to go bad after five times use unless you just abuse your piece

did you check the o ring to see it was damaged fez, i dont thing the ring is going to go bad after five times use unless you just abuse your piece
gotta get a long thin screw driver tomorrow to try and get at it, may of become displaced I suppose....how I abuse my piece is my business.

no doubt, maybe your nozzle is clogged up or something else, i dont think its gonna be the o ring but any good luck,

its happened 2 times I put brush back together, given a thorough clean nozzle aswell,,, will get at that pesky o ring tinnitus and have a look...nightmare!

buy urself an iwata ecllipse, reliable tough and dependable,

I haven't used a velocity, but does it have a needle packing screw next to that o ring? if it does try tightening it a quarter turn.

Ad, before you do or buy anything, check that the screw that holds the ring in place is not loose, when you you remove everything at the back of your airbrush including needle and needle chuck mechanism, and look into the barrel from the back. you can see the screw that hold the "O" ring in place, all that should be necessary is to tighten that up, but such that it's tight enough to keep out the paint, but not enough to restrict movement of your needle.

As well as holding the ring in place, the purpose of the screw is to adjust the opening of the ring when it becomes more open after some use, if you experience problems after so little use, the chance is good that it was too loose to start with.

Since your in there anyway, feel free to take the ring out altogether and clean it thoroughly, the chances of the ring being damaged this early are very slim.

Don't forget to lube your needle after replacing the ring.

Ad, before you do or buy anything, check that the screw that holds the ring in place is not loose, when you you remove everything at the back of your airbrush including needle and needle chuck mechanism, and look into the barrel from the back. you can see the screw that hold the "O" ring in place, all that should be necessary is to tighten that up, but such that it's tight enough to keep out the paint, but not enough to restrict movement of your needle.

As well as holding the ring in place, the purpose of the screw is to adjust the opening of the ring when it becomes more open after some use, if you experience problems after so little use, the chance is good that it was too loose to start with.

Since your in there anyway, feel free to take the ring out altogether and clean it thoroughly, the chances of the ring being damaged this early are very slim.

Don't forget to lube your needle after replacing the ring.
got ya thanks very much ..... i just wondered if i had damaged it with bristle brush when cleaning down length of brush towards the nozzle? but as you say they are fairly resilient.... ill have a look tonight and see whats up

o ring out, seems to be a white teflon one instead of a rubber one, so decent quality build!, no damage that I can see, replaced needle bit of paint back in the brush when I had finished.cranked the screw another turn, pot brush back together, will try again tomorrow.still sprays fine so if worst comes to worst ill just have to strip it down after each use....might be ok tomorrow though

good progress made on comp piece today to....its getting to a point where I'm actually pleased by it....I've redone it 4 times now hahaha

Back