"Paint With Pearl" Products

Dazza70

Young Tutorling
Just wondering if there's anyone in this forum that has any experience and/or used any of the "Paint With Pearl" paint additives? They have a range of Pearls, Metal Flakes, Candy Pearls, Chameleon and Temperature-Changing Paint Additives. They claim that most of their products have particles small enough for use through a 0.2 airbrush!

www.paintwithpearl.com

I've ordered a heap of different Ghost Pearls and Candies for an up and coming helmet project using Trident Water Based Paints so I'll start a WIP Post once I start. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
hmmmm id like to see that, I have no experience if using any pearls or candies etc but I thought any pearls flakes, basically anything with additives needed at least a .25 mm ......let us know how you get on anyway mate, what brush will you be using with them....

hmmmm id like to see that, I have no experience if using any pearls or candies etc but I thought any pearls flakes, basically anything with additives needed at least a .25 mm ......let us know how you get on anyway mate, what brush will you be using with them....

I'll be using both my Badger 150 (medium tip) and Iwata HP-CH so both of them with a 0.3 mm anyway ;) I'll also be using my 1mm touch-up gun for applying the main (Gold) Ghost Pearl over the top of the solids and candy paints.

I might try my fine tip in the 150 on a test panel to see how it goes as well...

Last edited:
I have used the Wicked pearls through an airbrush.
But most time I on pearls , flakes and anything else use a spray gun or the flake buster if it is flakes.
I just can not see shooting flake unless it is medium to large so it really pops.

I've tried hot rod sparkle through my hp-cs, and that is pretty fine flake. It did kinda work, but you did need to keep blasting the paint to clear the nozzle which isn't good, so I really think flakes are suited to something bigger.

Agree with the others... metal flake is designed for larger guns and they actually make guns specifically for shooting flake. I mix dry pearl with paint frequently (PPG and HOK... haven't tried the Paint with Pearl brand) and spray them through an airbrush with no issues even through the cm-b and cm-c plus.

On a side note, the temp. changing stuff is pretty cool, but i've heard it wears out over time (i.e. remains one color and no longer changes). I can't confirm this though because i've yet to try any...

I spray wicked pearl through my .35 hp-cs.. I had no idea to even question it.. I do reduce the pearl a little first.

Back