Painting over interior latex paint.

Power581

Needle-chuck Ninja
I have been asked to do a painting on a bedroom wall. I am just wondering what would be the best paint to use? I am thinking of wicket detail. Also what prep should I do? The wall is new drywall with just primer on it. Any help would be appreciated. This will be my first non practice painting. It will be neon looking letters in yellow over a black background to look like a night sky.

Being it's new drywall after priming it I would paint it with kilz water base paint sealer and go from there,That way Your paint won't soak into the drywall and take a lot of paint.

Can I paint right over the latex? I am thinking that it is going to be kind of a large area with a black background just to use a roller and paint the background with latex paint then airbrush over that.

It all depends on what primer. There is regular primer then pva primer which seals the porous drywall. Find out exactly what primer was used and go from there.

Yes you can paint directly on the latex/acrylic paint\primer.

If unsure of what was used i would get a normak roller a $10 gallon of pva primer and seal it then do your black then spray it.

Back