Pasche jvr 1

L

luca de santis

Good morning thank you for accepting me in your group, I'm looking for a Pasche jvr 1 the old guy out of production ... thanks and good job

I thank you very much, but this is the model put on the market again after the first few years ago, and they do not work very well, i'm looking for the first jvr 1, which are out of production

Honestly, never seen that on e-bay. I think these days it's very rare.

How do you know that one (link) is newer model? How better is older version (characteristics)? I'm asking as I wanted to try this airbrush.

I know why an aerography master explained all the difference between the old and the new model

Do you mean a VJR? I have one, and you're right, it doesn't work worth a crap! I'm not sure if its new or old, but it does have the old style trigger assembly on it.

I know why an aerography master explained all the difference between the old and the new model

Are you referring to Alberto Ponno? If you are I know that he has a horrible time finding replacement parts. Basically buying nozzles and needles in bulk to find one set that actually works.

He is an oddity. NOBODY of any reputation besides him uses that airbrush. Almost every pro uses an Iwata Micron as their end all detail brush.

Not saying you can't find the early VJR.. but you are handicapping yourself.

Are you referring to Alberto Ponno? If you are I know that he has a horrible time finding replacement parts. Basically buying nozzles and needles in bulk to find one set that actually works.

He is an oddity. NOBODY of any reputation besides him uses that airbrush. Almost every pro uses an Iwata Micron as their end all detail brush.

At least in the US, parts for these brushes are easily available directly from Paasche. I have sent in 2 orders so far... needles, nozzles, the handle... all shipped out within a few days. I'm sure any other reputable Paasche retailer would also have these parts. I think tbe only part I could not find was the actual body. I also believe that the poor performance is due to corrosion- this brush obviously has sat on the dealers shelf for decades.
I am curious why this person seeks an original VJR. Perhaps he wishes to collect it, like I did. Is it a good choice for your one and only airbrush? Not no but hell no! Is it a fun toy to goof around with when you get tired of your Micron? Yup! :)

At least in the US, parts for these brushes are easily available directly from Paasche. I have sent in 2 orders so far... needles, nozzles, the handle... all shipped out within a few days. I'm sure any other reputable Paasche retailer would also have these parts. I think tbe only part I could not find was the actual body. I also believe that the poor performance is due to corrosion- this brush obviously has sat on the dealers shelf for decades.
I am curious why this person seeks an original VJR. Perhaps he wishes to collect it, like I did. Is it a good choice for your one and only airbrush? Not no but hell no! Is it a fun toy to goof around with when you get tired of your Micron? Yup! :)

Ok as I understand it. You see Paasche has basically become a sub standard airbrush company over time. They USED to be good. They USED to build higher quality airbrushes and PARTS. The Turbine airbrush is wonder to behold. I have one.

Over time they have traded quality for quantity and price to keep some market share and not be crushed by Iwata and Badger. So when I say the guy needed to buy lots of parts, its not because they were scarce. Quite the contrary. Paasche has made so many poorly and inconsistently machined parts, that finding one nozzle and needle combo that works properly together means you need to buy them by the dozens.

Alberto Ponno is considered one of the greatest detail airbrushers ever. So he uses only an EARLY Paasche since it was machined to higher standards and is forced to use the poorly machined parts to keep it running.

I had some paasche airbrushes and got rid of them because the build quality was horrible and the parts I got never measured the same, even if they were supposed to be the same part.

Oh yes, I completely agree... the quality difference between my Paasches and everything else is quite amazing really. It truly is a shame cuz they could be some nice brushes. The only reason I bought mine were for collecting purposes, as much as I'd like to see them operational I don't plan to rely on them.

This week I got parts straight from Paasche for my old type V model, basically parts for VJR also. The #1 air cap has bigger diameter than old one. This means I will not have the same atomization. The tip (paint nozzle) hole isn't centered, so you know:( I don't know about the needle, maybe there will be surprises.
Good thing the parts are cheap, but what I will get from these parts? That's a question. Though, time will show. That's what I've seen, but haven't tried yet.
Going to experiment with this model. I think, I'll show the results.

This week I got parts straight from Paasche for my old type V model, basically parts for VJR also. The #1 air cap has bigger diameter than old one. This means I will not have the same atomization. The tip (paint nozzle) hole isn't centered, so you know:( I don't know about the needle, maybe there will be surprises.
Good thing the parts are cheap, but what I will get from these parts? That's a question. Though, time will show. That's what I've seen, but haven't tried yet.
Going to experiment with this model. I think, I'll show the results.
This thread is making me want a Model V to complete my collection! Its driving me insane!

Thanks for posting about Alberto Ponno. I looked up his work and I love it! Race cars woohoo! :)

This thread is making me want a Model V to complete my collection! Its driving me insane!

What's driving you insane?:) Model V or completing your collection? Never mind, AAD never stops:( My experience tells me this:D I've stopped counting my ABs after a couple of dozenso_O One thing's left is the question how many of them can be bought?

BTW, Paasche V of 1940s is better quality than that one with red plastic handle (80-90???) Odd thing to say, but it is. I have both of them. I'd use one of 40s, but it has no needle packing, not because it's missing, but of the reason there were no any needle seals those years in the airbrushes. Just a small hole in the AB body for the needle to come through. How people used them?:eek:

What's driving you insane?:) Model V or completing your collection? Never mind, AAD never stops:( My experience tells me this:D I've stopped counting my ABs after a couple of dozenso_O One thing's left is the question how many of them can be bought?

BTW, Paasche V of 1940s is better quality than that one with red plastic handle (80-90???) Odd thing to say, but it is. I have both of them. I'd use one of 40s, but it has no needle packing, not because it's missing, but of the reason there were no any needle seals those years in the airbrushes. Just a small hole in the AB body for the needle to come through. How people used them?:eek:
I think I'm simply already insane... or I wouldn't be doing this to myself!!! A quick Google search resulted in finding a model V for $35.00!!! But alas, I have no money. That answers your question of "how many can be bought" :p

I did find an interesting use for a cantankerous brush in one's collection- you can fill it full of cleaner and spray the hell outta your working brush with it! This Alberto Ponno fella does just that in one of his videos. Blocked nozzle? Hold it up to the end of your cleaning brush and give it a good blast. I can't wait to try this when I get home!

sorry Jurien 72 is this phrase to whom it is reported? "Not saying you can not find the early VJR .. but you are handicapping yourself."

I have never talked about Mr Ponto, and since I see Paasche in trouble, I have many airbrushes including the custom micron, it was just my consideration on the paasche jvr # 1, thanks for the answers

I know someone that is using a vintage VJR to produce works every bit as fine as a Paasche AB, or Micron - some of the micro images I have seen him "practice" on are amazing. All in the hand of the user to find the limits of their equipment...

each airbrush has its characteristic but it all depends on the artist's hand

Back