Patriot blowing bubbles with medium needle.

J

Juicegoose

I ordered the medium nozzle set for my patriot 105 the other day and am having some issues. With my fine nozzle and needle it throws paint just fine. I put in the medium nozzle,cap, and needle and it just blows bubbles back into the cup. No paint at all. I can put my hand over the cup and it'll throw paint until a vacuum is created. Soon as you take your hand off the cap boom paint stops.
Ive tried 4 times now to clean the brush and im spraying straight thinner through it.

Put some chapstick on the nozzle cap threads and make sure it is tight. You can put a bit on the base of the nozzle where it makes contact with the body as well.

I think patriot is self centering nozzle.

Its not seated correctly as air is pushing back in to cup or cracked. Easiest way to tell with a self centering I found was to take thread tape/teflon tape/plumbers tape whatever you want to call it. Cut it in half and wrap it around the base of the nozzle being careful to not let it hang over the nozzle opening. Then push it in to the hole and it should sit in there quite solidly now. Then try some water in cup, if bubbles reduced at all it's issue with nozzle seating, if it's same then nozzle is most likely damaged or blocked.

Okay i'll try cleaning again and reseating the nozzle. Something i just noticed as well was that the needle was bend about 2" from the tip. I got it back to straight but that might be an issue too.

Just a follow up. Good ole bee's wax did the trick. I'll have to do a really good deep clean on the threads this weekend to try and seal everything up.

Back