Pearlized Paint

S

Supa86

Hello everyone! So i tried to spray createx pearlized silver with a .3 needle and had alot of trouble getting it to spray as a matter of fact i couldnt get it to spray LoL! I am a beginner so please any info would be greatly appreciated. I used wicked color airbrush reducer to reduce. I used 25psi at first then went to 50psi still no luck. Maybe try the .5 needle and tip?

It sprays just fine with .5mm tip. Try reducing it a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello everyone! So i tried to spray createx pearlized silver with a .3 needle and had alot of trouble getting it to spray as a matter of fact i couldnt get it to spray LoL! I am a beginner so please any info would be greatly appreciated. I used wicked color airbrush reducer to reduce. I used 25psi at first then went to 50psi still no luck. Maybe try the .5 needle and tip?

I'm not entirely sure about the paint since I've never used it, but if you get nothing at all coming out of your airbrush, might be wise to check your nozzle for blockage, even if the paint is is too thick for the nozzle size you should still have some thing even if it's only spitting, check also behind the nozzle, what gun are you using?.

I may be wrong but I believe that metallics and pearlescents do require larger tip sizes, but at 50 pounds you should see some evidence of paint.

I did have a little bit of the pearl glitter stuff coming out but very little and no real color coming with it. I bought a cheaper gun a masters g444. i did get the gun to clear out when i poured the paint out of cup and put straight reducer in it. I do think that the pearl paint was clogging my nozzle for sure. Thanks for the tips.

I did have a little bit of the pearl glitter stuff coming out but very little and no real color coming with it. I bought a cheaper gun a masters g444. i did get the gun to clear out when i poured the paint out of cup and put straight reducer in it. I do think that the pearl paint was clogging my nozzle for sure. Thanks for the tips.

If you did have a clog, be sure clean everything before trying anything further, forcing anything through at 50 pounds could split your nozzle.

Used it reduced with 4011 reducer with a .3 set up without a problem started at a 50/50 reduction and poured in some more reducer till my likings. Reduce the paint in a jar beforehand and let it sit for a while before you put it in your airbrush.

Used it reduced with 4011 reducer with a .3 set up without a problem started at a 50/50 reduction and poured in some more reducer till my likings. Reduce the paint in a jar beforehand and let it sit for a while before you put it in your airbrush.

Hi Justme!

Why is that of letting the reduced paint sit in a jar for a while before putting it in the AB?, perhaps the reducer dissolvers potential blobs that could clog the nozzle or something?

Thanks in advance!

@mainake, i did this for the ease of mixing the paint because i mainly airbrush with a gravity feed and normally mix in my cup, but when you use this thick metallic paint no matter if you put the reducer in first the metallic paint sinks because it's heavier and then block your fluid nozzle before you even get a chance to mix the stuff.

And it don't dissolve the blobs in your paint if you let it stand for a while on the shelf you need to give it a good shake because the reducer and paint separates again after a while. If you have blobs ion your paint you need to strain, or get rid of it.

I had same thing with .25 and .38. think it is just particle size. I use .65 and works great. great tip on pre mixing to justme. may have been part of the drama.

Hi everyone, i got myself 3 bottles of metallic paint from Spectra-Tex made by Badger. I think its a great paint, its pretty thinn and it worked great
through the 0.3mm nozzle of my cheap chinese airbrush. I got metallic gold, silver and copper. The metallic effect was really cool even on a plain white paper already.

Most pearls and micro flakes require a .5 needle set up , But if you over reduce the paint you can spray it through a .3 or .35 set up.
The large the pearl or flakes the larger needle/nozzle set you will need.
For old school large flake and pearl it is best just to buy a flake gun. Autoair and Sprectra paints are made to go into .3 airbrushs, But createx was designed for a .5 or larger.

If you want a really good paint, get the spectra tex metallic paints. I really like them, I'm using a .5mm needle, and it flows with out reducing better than any paint that I have used yet. It really is a good product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

after it sits, you have to shake it with your left hand very intently, this helps the pearlized component seperate from the binder so that when it flow through the nozzle it recombines and catches magic glitter dust as it travels from your brush to the canvas.
hope i helped , forrest gumps mother was also my mother, and sister, have a great day:bi_polo:

Pearl paint

Very interesting post.
I have my first airbrush (unused) in a box GREX Tritium TS combo kit
It comes with a 0.3 mm tip. I actually had the option of getting the 0.5 mm but thought the 0.3 would be more versatile.
I am planning on shooting Wicked pearl paint on RC foam planes.
Should I be getting that 0.5 mm? Were you using the Wicked line?

APK

after it sits, you have to shake it with your left hand very intently, this helps the pearlized component seperate from the binder so that when it flow through the nozzle it recombines and catches magic glitter dust as it travels from your brush to the canvas.
hope i helped , forrest gumps mother was also my mother, and sister, have a great day:bi_polo:
dude does it have to be with your left hand?? guess it must make a difference, I only drink tea thats been stirred in a clockwise motion. anti clockwise tea tastes like pee! ;0)

Very interesting post.
I have my first airbrush (unused) in a box GREX Tritium TS combo kit
It comes with a 0.3 mm tip. I actually had the option of getting the 0.5 mm but thought the 0.3 would be more versatile.
I am planning on shooting Wicked pearl paint on RC foam planes.
Should I be getting that 0.5 mm? Were you using the Wicked line?

APK
I'm led to believewicked had a little amount if solvent in it.try a tiny bit on inconspicuous area just to make sure it doesn't dissolve your plane!

dude does it have to be with your left hand?? guess it must make a difference, I only drink tea thats been stirred in a clockwise motion. anti clockwise tea tastes like pee! ;0)

lol, yeah i dont even remember this post, but that just my opinion lol thanks fez

Great point ... the Createx representative I spoke to told me it would be OK but I have lots of scrap pieces to test on.
Any thoughts on the best tip size for the Wicked Pearl? I am wondering if I should make a switch to the 0.5 mm before I get started.

Also, since I am brand new to this forum, it is possible to set my profile to get email notifications when a reply comes in?
Best APK

Back