Pencil + Water based paint = beautif... ... ... Arrgh what the ?!

H

Hurakan

Hi, it's me again ( oh crap, not again please ! )

I've been painting some things just to practice, nothing really good but anyway... I decided to use help of a pencil which would show me, where to paint and where not to paint. I've found cool semi nude woman picture that I'd like to paint on the A4 piece of paper - you know, just to practice some tone blending, shades...
So I've sketched shapes, then started to paint it and what I've noticed, is that those pencil lines won't disappear so easily. Actually they never disappear.
Is there something I don't know about the coverage ? I don't want to overdark whole image and I know that I got to build it up by painting down another layers of paint, but this just don't work =( It's so frustrating... I'm using wicked colors ( Driscoll set ), reducing it just to get good flow.
And secound thing is that whenever I try to make a tiny fine detail line, and at the end when I snap off the trigger, my airbrush is spitting a little tiny dot at just the end of that line I've made.
Am I really so dumb or there is just something I don't know about those?

Black lines are not easily to cover with skin tone paint, try to use a other color like a red to trace the outline when you working with skin tones.

And paint in the beginning lightly over the lines and try to erase as much as possible from the pencil lines after you sprayed a light misty line.

A dot after a dagger is cost mostly by a dirty nozzle/needle.

I have heard on special pencil that u can use for that very reason, not that I have any personal experience using them bit it is worth looking into. If u find something that works please post it.

Look at your ref and pick a colour pencil the same shade as your lightest lines, that way when you paint over them they will either match or get hidden by darker colours. Don't use a waxy pencil though.

I have heard on special pencil that u can use for that very reason, not that I have any personal experience using them bit it is worth looking into. If u find something that works please post it./QUOTE]

Staedtler lumocolor non permanent.

Look at your ref and pick a colour pencil the same shade as your lightest lines, that way when you paint over them they will either match or get hidden by darker colours. Don't use a waxy pencil though.

That is what I use on canvas for freehand painting. I use water colour pencils.

Back