Picked up a MOJO III

Hey , does Austin Powers international spy come with that ?
I thought about getting a mojo when they used the Rich pens but then thought how hard would it be to get parts 10 years down the line.
Being According to what I read , Mike Learn customizes each one .
He still carries all the richpen parts and will still modify one if you send him a stock 213c richpen. He has offered to mojofy mine but I'm happy with It as is. He has made sure to have great customer service. I know when I first had problems with the first run m3, I was on the phone with him for over an hour at 10 pm lol. What other company would do that?

He still carries all the richpen parts and will still modify one if you send him a stock 213c richpen. He has offered to mojofy mine but I'm happy with It as is. He has made sure to have great customer service. I know when I first had problems with the first run m3, I was on the phone with him for over an hour at 10 pm lol. What other company would do that?
David Monnig has did that for me a few times that is why I recommend Coast Airbrush to everyone.
But I am glad Mike backs up his product. I may have to rethink one later .

I hated mine. I couldn't get that stupid thing working the same 2 times in a row.
My cm-c+ owned that thing six ways from Sunday.

David Monnig has did that for me a few times that is why I recommend Coast Airbrush to everyone.
But I am glad Mike backs up his product. I may have to rethink one later .
Never talked to him, it was always someone else and they always sounded bothered. Great company but I personally have just had too many issues with them and can't count on them. They are really bad about when you order something, a week later sending a slip saying we are out of stock in these items. Hmm ok so why did it say in stock and why are you telling me this a week later when it's too late to find backup. I've been screwed out of paint jobs because of them so I cut ties. It's always either out of stock, forgot to put an item in the box, or something I didn't order in place of what I did order. Can't please everyone I guess.

Never talked to him, it was always someone else and they always sounded bothered. Great company but I personally have just had too many issues with them and can't count on them. They are really bad about when you order something, a week later sending a slip saying we are out of stock in these items. Hmm ok so why did it say in stock and why are you telling me this a week later when it's too late to find backup. I've been screwed out of paint jobs because of them so I cut ties. It's always either out of stock, forgot to put an item in the box, or something I didn't order in place of what I did order. Can't please everyone I guess.
I do understand that , And when you make a living at this you have to use people you can count on.
I have had that kind of luck with Chicago airbrush and TCPGlobal . I have started talking to the local ppg supplier and he was me to start using him but his prices sucks compared to what I can order it off the web and even pay shipping on for the same product.

Would stay away from ppg anyway I've had a lot of issues with it. Try and find matrix it's really good stuff and not expensive at all.

Would stay away from ppg anyway I've had a lot of issues with it. Try and find matrix it's really good stuff and not expensive at all.
Nearest one to me is about 50 miles away but I may make a trip up there and pick up some to give a go.

Well, after a bit of playing around with the MOJO III, I'd have to say that I'm pretty impressed with it. Once I got the issues worked out the the bad air cap, it's all been good. With the Size 0 head setup, I can pull some really fine detail with it. One thing I really do like about it is that the taper of the nozzle/needle makes it so you can make very subtle changes allowing for very fine control. Most brushes will allow you to pull a fine line, but pull back just slightly more and the amount of paint flow changes drastically.
As for personal preference, I will probably stick with my Evolution as my main brush, but I will likely be pulling out the MOJO when I need the real fine detail work.
I would say that once it is tuned in, it is somewhat comparable to the Micron. For the price, I'd say the MOJO is a great deal, its solid, parts are cheap and its a very capable airbrush.

I tried the Mojo 3 when it came out and I think unfortunately it was a bit too early in its development and I couldn't get on with it. I hear now that Mike has worked on it loads and its more refined and performs way way better, as good as it should have at the start, especially with the hardened needles. I've been on his forum recently and it is dead unfortunately. I used to be quite an active member on there when I was getting back into AB'ing and it helped me out a lot. I really miss the Friday nights on Learn Airbrush too, being in the shoutbox with the likes of Don, Rod, you Justin, Marge and Annie, Rainbow Lungs, Leahey and Nub and many more.. Used to have a great laugh and I even scored a Richpen Mojo off Rod for free when he moved to Canada. Shame it went the way it did.. Nice to see the Mojo 3 doing what it's supposed to do.

Lee

I tried the Mojo 3 when it came out and I think unfortunately it was a bit too early in its development and I couldn't get on with it. I hear now that Mike has worked on it loads and its more refined and performs way way better, as good as it should have at the start, especially with the hardened needles. I've been on his forum recently and it is dead unfortunately. I used to be quite an active member on there when I was getting back into AB'ing and it helped me out a lot. I really miss the Friday nights on Learn Airbrush too, being in the shoutbox with the likes of Don, Rod, you Justin, Marge and Annie, Rainbow Lungs, Leahey and Nub and many more.. Used to have a great laugh and I even scored a Richpen Mojo off Rod for free when he moved to Canada. Shame it went the way it did.. Nice to see the Mojo 3 doing what it's supposed to do.

Lee
Yeah its a shame. Out of those listed I think Annie was last to post. She and leahy posted a few months ago but just in response of one of rods thursday ramblings that he just recently seemed to stop doing. I really don't know what happened other than the dumb move of shutting the site down and not talking to anyone for over 6 months. Yeah and I thought you were the lucky sob that got the mojo from rod. I wanted that so bad at the time lol. Rod is a good buddy and miss talking to him. So busy with the getaways now. I've got a couple of his prints and a peacock feather he sent me lol.

I never got onto Learns forum, didn't start ABing until it's waning days, but sounds like it was great in its time. Also sounds like all the pros that were there just go too busy. I know Scott MacKay and he has talked about the old days on Learns forum. Great bunch of guys.

Yup it was weird. I think a lot had to do with some bad eggs and egos. People really started hounding the resident pros and it just got annoying. I don't remember what happened but I know Dennis matthewson was really ticked off with someone and stopped posting his awesome tiki work and jellyfish. Happened with a few other pros then they all 1 by 1 started dissapearing. Hell mike lavallee was even on there and Dru blair. Dru instigated a lot of his issues but that's another story. Lavallee had a problem with a dvd pirate with some guy named vatos and he was even nice enough to ship his dvd and stencils to the guy since he couldn't get in his country, and the guy responded with being a complete jerk. He was later banned after it was found he was stealing mine and others works and posting on his site as his own.

Sucks when bad eggs ruin a good thing . I know a few word of encouragement from real pros and peers can make a huge difference in someone starting out. Especially if they can not take a class. I know from my personal experience, with a class and other personal relationships, confirmation that your work and how you approach a project is sound is a huge confidence boost .

Now can you help me with my mojo problems!? Lol
Just send it back to Mike and he will look at it for you. I already talked to him about it a while back and if you aren't happy with it and think there is a defect in parts, he wants to know so can rectify it and will replace it for free.

He gets really busy when he has a large order from jackson, just give him a couple days he usually gets back to people fairly quick. If you don't hear anything by say Tuesday let me know and I'll call him

Back