Picking up skills

Robbyrockett2

Air-Valve Autobot!
Hi Im Robby. I currently live in NC . I never thought of myself as an artist until about two years ago. I got out of the Army and took a job doing some fiberglass work with a company doing scenic art in Orlando ( was living there at the time), It was a small company of about 6 people and so i got a lot of cross training after they noticed i seemed to have an eye for the art side. Earlier this year after the move to NC I broke out on my own and di a couple of displays for the Cape Fear Serpentarium in Wilmington and just completed an educational mural for the City of Greenville.

As airbrushing goes I used it exclusively for highlights and shadows, until now.
I've just been playing with leftover supplies and decided to do some more airbrushing.
I have an all harbor frieght setup, which has served me ok so far but i want a better brush now, Its not bad just not all that durable and Id like a .2 tip.

Ive been checking out some airbrushtutor videos and Ive got some practice stuff i may post in this thread, Or maybe a new threadsince id like to get some pointers on improvements to one of them.

Welcome home Robby ,Yes post them in a different thread so it will be easier for other to find any pointers offered to you.

Some of my other work just to give a better idea where im coming from.
IMG_9013.jpg IMG_9008.jpg BAI2HObPCZn.jpg BKT6Xlvj6Xf.jpg IMG_20170528_170307.jpg IMG_20170511_165544.jpg
The first four are fiberglass and the last two are concrete.
The first four were team efforts. The Trident is vacuum molded. 3lbs and tough as nails.

Last edited:
Back