For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Pinstriping starter: What you need

Discussion in 'Pinstriping' started by Red Baron, Jun 16, 2012.

1. KustomCandy

KustomCandy Needle-chuck Ninja Very Likeable!

@ Mark, 1Shot have their own Flow enhancer. Tho I have almost never really needed it. If you learn to get your reductions down, You will get a feel for knowing when your Thinners has evaporated enough to add more to your mix..... Its all Feel!
    If I was to use it, It would realy only be in exstream temperatures, Hor or cold will play havoc.... As will a good breeze, where your Brush will flash dry faster then you may prefer. But then I'd be rinsing my Brush anyway. Honestly, For starting out. You shouldn't have any need for it for a long time.
    Penetrol too, If its the stuff I recall, Has a bit of negative history with guys Clearing over work. Something to keep in mind.

Dan
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  2. markjthomson

markjthomson AKA Quick Draw !! (and still very happy) Staff Member Mod Artist of the Month!

Cool, thats great, thanks for that.
    KustomCandy likes this.
  3. markjthomson

markjthomson AKA Quick Draw !! (and still very happy) Staff Member Mod Artist of the Month!

OK, has any one tried the Deltron by PPG? A friend of mine in NZ here uses that as well/
  4. Dimitris

Dimitris Elite Member! Elite Member!

hi everyne,
    I've been airbrushing for quite some time and want to give it a go with pinstriping. Should I buy a decent set of brushes cause I'm going to be using them often OR go with some cheap ones? Also, if someone can inform me where to privede them from Europe?
    Thanks a lot
  5. Strictly Attitude

Strictly Attitude Air-Valve Autobot!

Mack blue wrap is a good brush. What style you plan on doing scroll or classic Aka old school. Best way to start is a can of 1shot, 1shot thinner, mineral spirits, a jar, a clothes pin, a peice of glass, some paper towels, a razor blade, Japan drier, and neadsfoot oil.
    Start by trying a couple one color designs and watch some you tube videos then get ready to start your voyage into 10,000 lines. Just like airbrushing there is allot to do with muscle memory.
    doc1 and Dimitris like this.
  6. Dimitris

Dimitris Elite Member! Elite Member!

yeah, sure do preparing for another voyage, plus one combined with ABing... Mostly kinda old school and simple strokes for start to apply on some projects and we'll see how it goes.