For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Playing around with mates tank. First real go at colour sanding

Discussion in 'Works In Progress & Finished Artworks!' started by Tuffnutz, Jun 14, 2018 at 3:13 PM.

1. Tuffnutz

Tuffnutz Artist of the Month! Artist of the Month! Very Likeable!

He asked me if I could paint his bike on his tank, I said I'd have a go. Tanks original paintwork was a bit damaged with scuffs etc but couldn't do anything about them due to the original paintwork being a Metallic Flake. So I scuffed whole tank and doodled it on then I blew some 2K on him. I skinny squidgey coat and then 2 not so squidgey coats after, then cut it with 1000 chippings paper and then 2000 chippings paper.
    Good old fashioned T-CUT by hand then got a little bit of Meguires Ultimate Compound on him but haven't put any wax on him. A few small low spots but too risky to sand any further. Chickened out.
    The overall result came out ok. So he said I'll give you 2 more to do. Bag of peanuts for the Monkey again.
    Here's a quick vid to show it anyway.

doc1, HellBird, SiRoxx and 2 others like this.
  2. Malky

Malky Pencil Pushing Protagonist Very Likeable!

It looks pretty good to me:thumbsup: and I like the colour of the original paintwork.
    Tuffnutz likes this.
  3. Tuffnutz

Tuffnutz Artist of the Month! Artist of the Month! Very Likeable!

There's a few marks on it but the seat will cover them. Don't really know what he wants me to do next.Maybe an airbrushed effect of blood out of a stone. maybe?