Please help me!

B

Brattybrittiny

Yesterday I received my iwata Eclipse hp-cs dual action gravity fed airbrush with iwata silver jet. When I first used it it seemed to be working but now my dual action isn't working at all when I push down on the trigger all I get is air and paint and the trigger no longer let's me get thinner or bigger lines it's just totally not working I'm so disciplined. I took it fully apart and have cleaned it repeatedly I can see light through all of it so I don't understand the issue. It also doesn't seem like my needle is moving when I'm pulling the trigger back. Any help would be fully appreciated. I'm using created airbrush colors paints and diluting them with water

Is the needle chuck done up properly from when you dismantled it? If you get paint when you press air the needle isn't seated properly. Possibly a blockage as well, did you strain the paint?

Also, can we get you to go along to the introductions page and give us a bit of an intro? Who are you? Where are you from? any airbrush experience? We like to know people and helps us answer better. Here is the link. http://www.airbrushforum.org/introductions/

and have a read of the nettiqette... http://www.airbrushforum.org/threads/introducing-netiquette.8799/

Yes pop along to the intro :) People will be able to help better with more info, for example what paint and reducer you are using.

In the meantime, just because you can see through the nozzle, doesn't mean its clean, even if you've cleaned it. It only takes the teniest speck to stop the needle seating properly. If the needle isn't moving, check the chuck as mark said, but also if you have taken the brush apart you may not have enough tension on the trigger and need to screw in the adjuster more (take of the handle and it the part directly behind the body of the brush).

if you're getting air AND paint when you push down then likely a blockage (but not the only potential reason) createx airbrush paint is designed for textiles and needs a larger needle and high pressure compared to Createx wicked / illustration. it could just be that your PSI isn't high enough.

an intro will be a good start though,

youtube has a few videos of disassembling/cleaning/reviewing this exact airbrush. I suggest watching multiple videos on this topic. It seems like every video gets something wrong or does something questionable. The consensus of these videos is the best to go with.

After watching these, you will likely be able to come back here with a more exact question that we can give better answers for. Not trying to dis you on your question, just trying to give more guidance. I know it can be overwhelming to start out with this. But, we're here to help! :)

5619 Restorer is your friend. you may have to order it depending on where you live which with out some kind of introduction of a fully filled out profile it is hard to suggest a place to buy it local or where to use to order it.
You may also have a crack in the nozzle, This may be cause buy a couple of thing , One the paint clogged to badly and while you were trying to clear it it cracked, Get a Jewel glass and have a real inspection of it . The other thing that can cause it you have hit the needle against something hard enough to crack it due to a slight bend in the needle.
But 5619 restorer (Made my createx will show you are not getting the Nozzle as clean as you think you are. only soak the needle and nozzle in this stuff and never spray it . You can reuse it over and over again I filter mine back into the bottel and my bottle is about 5 or 6 years old.

Back