For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Ploddin on...

Discussion in 'Open Bar!' started by littlerick, Jun 14, 2015.

1. littlerick

littlerick Mac-Valve Maestro!

Well i'm still residing at my daughters... Not getting any painting done at all and missing it madly. Got my name down for a PP so going to have to do something. Only got a laptop atm, not mine, and I hate it, bloody thing has a mind of its own. Trying to find a place to live, but hard with no income. Had a few days work but nothing major, enough to get me through another week lol

Trying to keep bike on the road too, insurance on thursday and mot on monday... Still working on it!
    No surprise, but, theres not a lot of help available in this great country of ours for us guys in daft situations. Things can only go up from here though.... slowly, but surely. Refuse to sell my ABing stuff, I will have to be a homeless bum before I do that.... Only homeless atm, not quite a bum lol
  2. Madbrush

Madbrush Guest

Shite mate, I had no idea you had it so hard, I know you've mentioned a little hardship before but your humour caused me to think you were deliberately exaggerating it, My wife and I have been through the mill a bit in the last few years, fortunately here in Holland there is help and we are back to some kind of normality, I seriously hope things pick up for you and you can continue the to do the things you love to do.

I have been here in Holland so long now I don't have a clue what's happening in Britain but it sounds like it's going down hill fast, I hope some of our members on your side of the channel have some suggestions for you to make it a little more comfortable, keep your head up mate and whatever you do don't lose your humour.

Just out of interest what kind work do you normally do?
    beanpoleuk likes this.
  3. jord001

jord001 Air-Valve Autobot!

Rick, if you are anywhere near Newark, the massive ( Dixons/Curry's/PC World ) Know How Repair Center will be taking quite a few people on soon. I know this because they are relocating my place of work as a whole up to there, they want us to move with our repair operation but its 90 miles and well its a long story but I ain't in a position to commute or up sticks and move to near it. So most of us are taking redundancy. If you can fix phones, laptops, tablets or domestic electronic devices you could have a chance. They are also moving the warehouse so warehouse work will also be available but thats not till march 2016. Anyway have a look at the jobs online. May be worth calling them to see what else they have if you can't do electrickery.

http://www.indeed.co.uk/jobs?q=electronics&l=Newark-on-Trent
    http://jobview.monster.co.uk/Technician-–-Mobile-phones-tablets-laptops-Job-Newark-upon-Trent-MID-UK-150958953.aspx?WT.mc_n=olm_sk_feed_indeed_UK

Lee
  4. littlerick

Thanks guys... I like to try n keep my chin up... As for work I will do anything I can... No skills, but my brain and hands still work ok.
    The place at Newark is run by agencies and a lot of them are hard to get into without a passport to prove your british... Tried a few of them lol
    I'm sure life will come together one day.... Too bloody old to worry about it, would rather live it!
    oleg likes this.
  5. boneman65

boneman65 Mac-Valve Maestro!

Prayers from me!!! hope relief come soon for ya!!
  6. Madbrush

Madbrush Guest

I'm a painter and decorator by trade and a few years ago while still living in Scotland there was a huge slump in the building market which meant I just couldn't find any work at all, my biggest problem with that was that I just hate to sit around on my arse and do nothing, so I went around Chinese restaurants and small supermarkets and offered to make deliveries for them, I ended up making deliveries in the evenings for a Chinese take away which covered all my costs and gave me enough to survive but what was even better is that the money I earned was trebled with tips, I also delivered for a small local supermarket to old people who weren't fit to get the shops themselves, even they were grateful of the service and tipped very well indeed, this might be an area worth looking into, you may find it a little demeaning but when you need a little cash, who cares where it comes form, if your anything like me, you'll probably want to stand on your own two feet, I came out of a large family and when the chips were down I had plenty offers of help from my brothers and sisters but preferred to fix it myself.

Whatever the situation is in Britain, I believe that everyone is entitled to train/retrain for chosen skills, since as Jordan mentioned the market for computers, tablets and mobile phones is becoming huge so it might be worthwhile to think about that too, phones are so fragile now that replacing the screens is as common as muck, it's not that difficult a task, I have even ordered one and did my own phone which wasn't insured, almost everyone has the tools required to do it so that could be another avenue.

I know you are well into the paint pals thing so whatever happens I hope you can at least play along on this one.
    oleg likes this.
  7. xvwarrior

xvwarrior Ivan Cresswell

As Madbrush said, had no idea things were so bad mate. It is so unfair when Immigrants to UK are made aware of everything they can claim for, training for jobs etc and yet the natives cant get excrement. As for training for all, well it used to be so but now anyone over 19 years old have to pay for any sort of training. I know the last time I was made redundant the "Job Centre" really made me feel like scum, I couldnt even get my mortgage repayments covered. If I were in your situation Littlerick I would go there and really play up. There is funding for retraining somewhere and someone knows about it, its just not promoted to us residents. You can get help if you make it clear you are not gonna put up and shut up. "Fight for your right". Hope it turns soon mate, keep us all posted eh? Iv
    Madbrush likes this.
  8. oleg

oleg Gravity Guru

Wow! Men! A lot of people from late Soviet Union wanted or wants to live and work whatever but not on postsoviet space.. Looking for better life... Rick, my dear, what is the matter? There is no one who cares about us. We are the ones who might wishing to do this. It is hard sometime you know it, but the people whom we love loves us ,too... And there is no right for us to act otherway...I had over 15 years looking for best income for my famely running out for 1000th kms! WTF! Always doing a things I wanted not, meeting a people who don't care about a work you had do but pay as less as you can got out of that place and came back for a while...The best place is wre y:thumbsup:u are whith youself and with your l:)ve and pr:eek:blems of course.
    As I know the :poo: heppends but that is just a piece of it.. You live a time, was it other? You got a wise person that's it, go on! We're going along, too!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. Nada

Nada Air-Valve Autobot!

My heart aches, i know all too well how it feels to not get enough eork.
  10. CALz AyrWKz

CALz AyrWKz Moderator Mod

Rick, I am very sorry to hear of your situation. You'll find something if you keep trying. There has to be something out there for someone willing to work. Keep your chin up!
  11. Squishy

Squishy Queen Clown Slayer Mod

Keep your Pecker up Rick :( Hope it all works out for you.
  12. basepaint

basepaint Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

It will work out littlerick. Sending a little luck your way!
  13. littlerick

Still in shock... 32 years married and bang! Gotta get on with it though.... Lifes a beetch eh! lol