Plotter problems .

B

BRUSHAHHH

Hi all, still having my plotter woes. Been given a Creation plotter as i stated in previous post. Have now obtained Artcut software for it. Trouble is it won`t download onto Windows10. Have tried it on a Windows XP also but no go either. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Did the artcut softwear say what it would use as an operating system? might be an apple operating softwear? Also might be too old and you may need to find a program that will let you run it in windows XP or 10

it should run on XP it needs 32mb of ram and 1mb of hard drive space,But it wont run in windows 10

Isn't Win 10 64-bit? I've had a few issues with software that did not want to install on my 64-bit Win 7.

I'm with strictly attitude, google windows compatibility mode.

Hi all, still having my plotter woes. Been given a Creation plotter as i stated in previous post. Have now obtained Artcut software for it. Trouble is it won`t download onto Windows10. Have tried it on a Windows XP also but no go either. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Hi There
Melville here in south Africa.Have use the Artcut 5 & 6 program 3 years now,will only work on Windows XP with all 3 service packs installed.
Then you need to install the plotters twain drivers and the art cut will recognize the plotter. Burn has been cutting Stencils for her business
www.airbrushtattoo.co.za If for 4 years .hope this helps...

Thanks for all the advice. Unfortunately i have windows10 and Artcut is not compatible with that. Yes have tried running in compatibility mode for other Windows programs. However i have just found that Artcut has a new program called V12 and runs on Windows10 . Might have to buy that.

I you have to buy something new. Have a look at sure cut a lot.
Us cutter (sales creation) delivers it with their cutters.

http://www.craftedge.com/

The regular version is most of the time good enough. And only 60$ trial version is available so you can test if your cutter works before buying.

I don't believe windows 10 has support for "XP Mode" (7 does), but you could still create whats known as a "Virtual Machine" and install XP on that. For Windows 10, I believe you can install client Hyper-V which should come with the Pro version of Windows 10, though its not necessarilly installed automatically. If not, you could use VirtualBox or VMWare to do the same thing. Once you install the Virtual Machine software, you can run your Virtual Environment in Windows 10, and then use all your XP only software through the virtual machine.

Another option is to dual boot XP and 10 from the same computer. Though there can be some difficulty in this method as 10 doesnt always play nice with dual boot, so you might need to do a little bit of technical wizardry (there are tutorials onine), so its probably easier to just use a virtual machine.

Back