Polishing Clear

i detail boats for a living as for a game controller a Small buffing whee;l if you can find one you can use a wet sand able clear such as lacquer that's a lot of work and you should use glaze after you buf with compound if I were you i would use a 2 part urethane from coast if your working in your garage. you wont have to compound after that and the paint is bullet proof hard to scratch. if you spray it right itl look like glas if you use laquer you should wet sand with 1000 grit and hand buf with a light compound and use a glaze after with a soft detail cloth

If your painting and clearing a xbox controller then you shouldn't have to buff. Just make sure you get a nice glass finish straight from the gun. The you wouldn't have to hand polish or buff.

Cheers, Red

i detail boats for a living as for a game controller a Small buffing whee;l if you can find one you can use a wet sand able clear such as lacquer that's a lot of work and you should use glaze after you buf with compound if I were you i would use a 2 part urethane from coast if your working in your garage. you wont have to compound after that and the paint is bullet proof hard to scratch. if you spray it right itl look like glas if you use laquer you should wet sand with 1000 grit and hand buf with a light compound and use a glaze after with a soft detail cloth

Thank you everyone! Ferret, what do you mean by glaze? Are you talking about another light coat of lacquer?

Back