For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Poll for PoM Calendar for 2015

Discussion in 'Forum Ideas!' started by WhiteKnight, Jul 31, 2014.

?

Would you buy a 2015 calender featuring the picture of the month winners of 2013 for around 6$

Poll closed Aug 31, 2014.
  1. Hell yeah, I'd take one

51 vote(s)
    81.0%
  2. Hell yeah, but I'd take more then one, one just isn't enough

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  3. No I don't think so

10 vote(s)
    15.9%
  4. I'd rather have pins in my eyes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. CALz AyrWKz

CALz AyrWKz Moderator Mod

This post is in response to the article.

"TO HELP YOU LEARN: If you are learning to paint, imitating the paintings of your favorite artist can help you to develop better techniques and to gain inspiration. If you don't plan on selling these paintings, there's no ethical issue by doing this...."

"ILLEGAL: If you are knocking off another's work for financial gain, you are violating copyright laws. You could be sued and/or get very bad publicity from it...."

So here's the thing. This forum is about learning and using the airbrush. Nobody here is copying art for financial gain. The calendar is a keepsake compilation of learning artists' accomplishments. The price is for the cost of making it and getting it to our members. There will be only the number of members who would like a keepsake printed. This will not be a mass printing. There will be no profit benefit to anyone here. Not illegal.

The quotes are taken from Naama's linked article. Naama, I think you overthought things a bit. But there is no excuse for calling the works on this site as "bad art." Who are you to say what is bad art? Many are learning here and THAT'S WHAT THIS FORUM IS ABOUT. Comments like that will make a newbie think twice before he or she posts up his or her works. Shame on you for that remark.
  2. tucky

tucky Detail Decepticon!

hahahah cob...the ultimate airbrush.....i look back and wow.. i think i was out of my mind when i make those videos.....
    airbrushtutor likes this.
  3. Mr.Micron

Mr.Micron Royal pain in the air hose Admin

But they were so much fun to watch .
    tucky likes this.
  4. tucky

tucky Detail Decepticon!

yeah and they were fun to make...but unfortunately,,, i think i lost that mojo trying to upkeep a business and alll the other stress...:thumbsdown::poo::) lol who would thought that a pile of crap would be my favortie emoticon
    CALz AyrWKz and Mr.Micron like this.
  5. NaamaEnkeli

NaamaEnkeli Double Actioner

Aaa.. you want more..
    Multiple POM winner paintings is the very best quality in the world, is no longer any exercises. Those works have real commercial value of the sale. The more you print and sell cheap prints, you may damage the artist's own business[​IMG] by reducing the value of the prints. Different matter if the artist would really good compensation with agreed price. How he/she no longer sells the product to the general publishers to exclusive when it has already been printed?
  6. twood

twood Detail Decepticon! Very Likeable!

You just dont get it, do you?
    These are works done as a work in progress, mainly for the members here. THERE IS NO FINANCIAL GAIN. How can the artists get compensation for something that makes no money....
    The artists that won are agreeing on a calender to be sold to members for the cost of creating it and distribution.
    Why dont you just let it go and stop pissing everyone off.....
    Dont buy one......Nobody said you have too, and it is not your art in question
    ZisisBFL, Madbrush, Maple Art and 3 others like this.
  7. NEMOPa

NEMOPa Spider Splatterer

We get paid for our POM submissions? Count me in... :)
    Earlier, I made allowances for non-English speaking translation difficulty. I retract that, there is no excuse for rude and I'm not feeling any love. I feel that the POM is a great way for our membership to recognize the very talented submitters. All of the entrants deserve an honorable mention. The calendar it a great idea and in a small way, it honors those we have selected. Few of us are trained art critics or art law attorneys - we like what we like and by voting, we are saying "good job" and thank you for sharing...
    Supernova, Madbrush and CALz AyrWKz like this.
  8. Squishy

Squishy Queen Clown Slayer Mod

I remember those, they made me chortle LOL! Who says being in your mind is a good place to be anyway, mine scares the hell out of me hee hee!
    MeeshellMP and tucky like this.
  9. Mr.Micron

What she is not saying is her mind is full of CLOWNS ... See we all know it :D
    tucky likes this.
  10. Squishy

@NaamaEnkeli Firstly don't you think that if anyone was worried about selling POM images, either now or later, they wouldn't bother to enter them in the first place. Secondly if the contributing artists wanted money they would have mentioned it before now - after all, their work has been on the front page of this forum for months after winning, where everyone who is likely to want those pictures in a calender has already seen it. And thirdly - probably 90% or more of the members here, are amateurs, and those who are professional are clever enough to realise what will affect their business, if they weren't they wouldn't be in business.

You seem to enjoy stirring people up. Unfortunately you are not very good at it. Your arguments are poorly thought out, contradictory, hypocritical, and ridiculous. And while insulting to the members, it is like an annoying little brother who just doesn't know when to quit poking. So rather than continue to add fuel to your fire, I will take the adult approach and ignore any further antagonistic comments. Maybe anyone similarly annoyed would like to join me.

Constructive comments, advice, new paintings etc I will be more than happy to see. I think this forum prides itself on being friendly, if you wish to continue with the "aaaa so you want more.." attitude, this is not the place for you. If you wish to stay friendly, you will be more than welcome.

Now for the umpteenth time, lets move on. So....someone mentioned a calender
    matty171, Madbrush and NEMOPa like this.
  11. Squishy

OMG Herb, maybe that's where it all comes from! You just psycho analysed me, and now I'm really scared of myself. :timid: LOL!
  12. Mr.Micron

I read a book many years ago , I forget who wrote it but it was all about peoples fears and basically it said that every ones fears hides in the darkest places of the mind.
    there for all fears are just in our head. Guess that is why I ain't scared of anything . LOL
    Squishy likes this.
  13. Diegojavbau

Diegojavbau Air-Valve Autobot!

If there must be at least a 10% of variation to avoid broke copyrights I'm safe , I can barely get a 50% of similarity with my references , LOL

- I , Diego Javier Baubinas , give my permission for free to the airbrush forum to share my paintings and to use my Absolem attempt in the POM Calendar till the profit reach the first million dollars.-

LOL
    MeeshellMP, ZisisBFL, ad fez and 4 others like this.
  14. tucky

tucky Detail Decepticon!

thats why we call him johnny fever....hes good like that.
    Mr.Micron likes this.
  15. basepaint

basepaint Air-Valve Autobot!

So lets all go to bed and get up on the right side...
  16. Mr.Micron

I second that :D
    It is a new day and I am in a great mood , but then again I try to stay in a great mood.
    So today if the rain stays away I have 3 yards to mow , a fuel pump assy to install in my niece's 2005 Jeep , then if time is left I still have to get mine and my Mother's yards mowed . if not that is what tomorrow is for.
    Now if the rain stays I just have the fuel pump and then I can get some paint time:D
    CALz AyrWKz likes this.
  17. Squishy

Paint time for me too! :) I mowed yeasterday!
  18. Mr.Micron

Hey Johnny Fever was the only one getting all the ladies on that show:D
    I mow 7 days a week . Down side to running a lawn service:D
    So rainy days are paint days .
  19. CALz AyrWKz

CALz AyrWKz Moderator Mod

Today is my 34th anniversary. So its a great day!! :)
  20. Mr.Micron

Congrats and enjoy your day:D You must have gotten married at age 12 :D you look to young to be married that many years.
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
    MeeshellMP and CALz AyrWKz like this.