Poor mans stencil

B

bentoad

I found that low tack viny shelf paper is not clear but if you can make a patern it is very cheap at the thrift stores and yard sales with good results. You can peal back a corner to see how it feels befor you buy. bentoad

What i also use is a application tape that is usualy made to transfer plotter cutouts to your artwork. Usualy the visible Createx masking film i use is like 20$ for a roll of 23"x157" (60cmx400cm)
and the application tape is like 80$ for a roll of 23"x394" (60cmx100meters) . If you compare the price for 1 meter it is very much cheaper. I only use the masking film anymore if i need to able
to see my artwork under the masking. Oh and the application tape is very low tack, so there is not problem lifting up paint or when you are using it on a paper that is not so good for masking.

On canvas I use repositionable clear vinyl that is used to cover books. It is too tacky for smooth surfaces but for canvas where it can only stick to the bumps of the canvas, it works great.

Last edited:
I found that low tack viny shelf paper is not clear but if you can make a patern it is very cheap at the thrift stores and yard sales with good results. You can peal back a corner to see how it feels befor you buy. bentoad
That's what I use and you can get it in clear. Works great

Back