For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

PP5 the Holiday version is underway so sign up today.

Discussion in 'The OC Challenge!' started by Mr.Micron, Oct 15, 2014.

?

how many Paint Pal should we run in a year?

Poll closed Oct 30, 2014.
  1. 1

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  2. 2

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. 3

12 vote(s)
    37.5%
  4. 4

15 vote(s)
    46.9%
  5. or more

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. Mr.Micron

Mr.Micron Royal pain in the air hose Admin

Hear ye , Hear ye! Ladies and Gents
    It's time for another round of Paintpals..The Holiday version... That is right you heard it here. PP5 is now taking sign ups from Today until Midnight October 30 2014.
    The reason this is the Holiday version is because you will mail them by DEC.1 2014.
    For all the new folks who are just joining the forum make an introduction post , You will need to have at least ten post to be able to post your paint pals painting once you receive it.
    But you are welcome to join in the fun too.

The rules of the game are the same, simply put, you have to airbrush a picture for your choice, Painted on a substrate that is no bigger than 7in by 5in or 177mm by 127mm, then mail it to your chosen PP(who remains anonymous) and wait for them to receive it and post it on the forum in all its glory...simple right?. Well almost, there are a few strict rules which i will go into detail a bit later!

All you have to do if you want to take part is this:

Send me a PM saying 'I'm in PP5' in the title, then add in the message:

Forum name
    Real name
    Full address(including country)

Folks from the (USA) PLEASE INCLUDE THAT ON YOUR ADDRESS remember a lot of folks do not live here:D

When I have all the entries I will then put all the names into a hat and draw out each persons PP at random, then i will PM you the secret address of the PP you be sending it too. This all has to be completely anonymous and no post should be made on the forum about who you are sending one too as this will spoil the whole surprise for your lucky PP!
    From the moment you receive your PP address you will have 1 whole month to complete and get it in the mail....that should be plenty of time!

This time around I will enforce the rule that if you enter and fail to send without a genuine reason , then you will be excluded from the next round and the next competition!

Apart from that last bit this is all about having a bit of fun, plus its really cool because you have no idea which artist is painting a picture just for you from somewhere around this globe!

So what do you say! Come and join the fun, its always been a blast before and plus its a great way of getting you to paint close and small and help improve your skills! Of course we expect you to play nice and not paint anything offensive, so avoid race/religion and nudity to be on the safe side please:)

Remember December 1 is the dead line for sending these out and you must send me a confirmation pm on the date you send them. it will make tracking who sent them out and who has not.

folks who have entered.
    matty171
    jagardn
    MeeshellMP
    twood
    Madbrush
    Beanpoleuk
    Oddball
    Wmlepage
    M3ntalo
    JCD
    Zotilraxx
    Diegojavbau
    basepaint
    CALz AyrWKz
    Squishy
    kjukju
    fL0
    Supernova
    AndyL
    Visual Realm
    Brookss1967
    PatIvers
    AndreZA
    markjthomson
    Anneliesje
    Heliotropic
    Patricks
    foreveryoung001
    xvwarrior
    littlerick
    Cuda
    Melbee
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  2. AndreZA

AndreZA Elite Member! Elite Member! Artist of the Month!

A damn, I have to sit this one out seeing that we do no have a postal service at the moment. Nothing is coming in and nothing going out. And by the time it is all sorted, it will be time for PP1 2015. Sorry guys.
  3. matty171

matty171 Air-Valve Autobot!

Im in, @AndreZA your work is def worth the wait my friend be a pity if you wernt in.
  4. Mr.Micron

Sorry to hear about your postal problems , If it changes and you want to get in just let me know.
  5. MeeshellMP

MeeshellMP Goddess Queen of carts Mod

6. AndreZA

AndreZA Elite Member! Elite Member! Artist of the Month!

I will do so Mr M. I will paint something for just in case this mess gets sorted.
    Squishy and Mr.Micron like this.
  7. Madbrush

Madbrush Guest

Well I'm in, but I have a question @Mr.Micron Micron , I have already prepared some cards ready for the start, these cards are actually 7.25 X 5.25 inches, the reason for this was so that I could tape a quarter inch border and still have the full 7 X 5 to paint on, is this allowed, or is it considered as cheating and therefore punishable by death?

Like the idea of the poll, I voted for 3, although I would be happy with one a month, I think every four months is reasonable to allow each event to start, get under way and reach a conclusion within the time frame, and as usual, more I'm more than happy to cover if someone has to bale out unexpectedly.

I hope it doesn't have to have holiday theme, I'd prefer to do/have something that can always be on display
  8. Madbrush

Madbrush Guest

Maybe you could paint it, keep it till the strike is over, send your buddy a digital copy that he can post at the appropriate time, and then he/she gets the real one sent to them when it's convenient, am I clever or what? lol
    Squishy, matty171 and Mr.Micron like this.
  9. Mr.Micron

The size is fine and Nope no theme. Just figured that being the due date is around the holidays I would call it the holiday paint pal.
  10. Immortal Concepts

Immortal Concepts Detail Decepticon!

Has this been done previously around this time? I ask because holiday postal time is pure hell and forsee a lot of delays and issues with at least the post office system.
  11. Madbrush

Madbrush Guest

You really are the man, now I remember why I like you so much, lol, your far easier on the people than that other guy with the dodgy inbox, can't remember the geezers name he's not been on for like a hundred years, probably basking his fat seventies inbox in the sun somewhere, perhaps with a little koala called Mitch serving him cocktails, some people have it all:)
    ad fez and Mr.Micron like this.
  12. Madbrush

Madbrush Guest

They usually step up their game just for us, lol
  13. Mr.Micron

If you send it by the 1st of December then you will have no issues . No one has to do this, it is volunteer only. so sign up or not is up to you.
    That and sending thing not during the holiday seems to be a pain depending on where it is sent from.
  14. Immortal Concepts

Yeah I know was just curious. I'll do one of these someday when I get some waterbased paints so I wouldn't have to ship a heavy piece of metal lol
    MeeshellMP likes this.
  15. littlerick

littlerick Mac-Valve Maestro!

Sounds cool.... Maybe get in a future one.. Be a shame for some poor bugger to get a picture from me.
  16. Mr.Micron

Hey even a page of dots is fun to get and I have gotten a few from newbie just like you . It is fun to see where you start at and how much you grow by the time the next paint pal comes around.
    So think about it . You may surprise yourself just by trying . Even if you do not sign up ya can still try :D
  17. littlerick

littlerick Mac-Valve Maestro!

Wow... All the great artwork that is on this site... I would be sooooooooo gutted to get a page of dots lol.

Would be funny I guess... but still gutting!
  18. Immortal Concepts

Yeah that's the problem imo but all part of it. It's a chance in my view for people to own an original by someone they look up to on this forum and view as a "pro" I used to do these on another forum but always got stuck with poor attempts and while I was proud of them attempting and participating, it does get frustrating at times cause you feel guilty if you don't keep it. Especially if you put in 20+ hrs into your painting and the one you get obviously took 5 minutes. But it's all in fun and most of us are friends here so it's not that big of a deal.
  19. beanpoleuk

beanpoleuk Elite Member! Elite Member! Artist of the Month! Very Likeable!

I'm in and message sent :)
  20. wmlepage

wmlepage Elite Member! Elite Member!

Pm sent Herb. Been absent a lot but this is a fun time to pull out the small work.