Printer advice

Jimmyfingerz

Mac-Valve Maestro!
Hello
Well after my little flop yesterday feel a bit better today so looking at moving forwards.
I have decided to look at getting an a3 printer and have found this one......

https://www.epson.co.uk/products/printers/inkjet-printers/consumer/ecotank-et-7750

Ignore the price, i can get it a lot cheaper than that as my wife works in retail. It's refillable which I like the idea of and the inks/dyes are about the same price as cartridges. I have the funds and would settle on a a3 printer over a projector as it would cover a lot of my bases for printing out references.

Any pros and cons people might know of or any other avenues people might go down?

I use a grid system with graphite normally but tend to freehand now as I want to improve my accuracy and observational skills so I know ways to lay down line drawings.

I can not work out for the life of me how to use the poster setting with my printer or posterazor that Malky advised me to get but in all honesty my printer as it is is fairly pants and chews through cartridges anyway so I could probably do with updating.

Thoughts please people :)

I bought a epson A4 ecotank printer and I like it a lot the biggest pro to me is de ink tanks and I already saved enough on cartidges to justify the higher price
the prints are good and you can check the printer heads and let the printer clean them without using up any ink

I bought a epson A4 ecotank printer and I like it a lot the biggest pro to me is de ink tanks and I already saved enough on cartidges to justify the higher price
the prints are good and you can check the printer heads and let the printer clean them without using up any ink

Yeah i think the cost of ink catridges is the one for me.
I have a little epson at the moment and the catridges are not cheap.

I got the Epson eco tank a3+ printer (et14000) . It works excellent for reference pictures. I am using rather cheap photo paper. Quality /printing cost is very good.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

You can also go workforce 7610 and refillable cartridges or ciss and buying inks from different providers.In uk you guys have quite a good selection. If I remembber correctly Epson WorkForce WF-7110 Inkjet Printer is the smallest a3 you can get. You can also get artisan 1430 which has dye ink instead of pigments like workforce. You can also use other inks with the printer wasn't provided with and "convert" printer to other inks. Just some food for thoughts.

info which can be quite handy: if you go inkjet you need to print or your nozzles will clog. With laser you don't have those issues. If I don't print nothing, I print small cmyk sqaure with my workforce once per week.

CMYK.png

Last edited:
I got the Epson eco tank a3+ printer (et14000) . It works excellent for reference pictures. I am using rather cheap photo paper. Quality /printing cost is very good.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

Thanks buddy i’ll have a look

You can also go workforce 7610 and refillable cartridges or ciss and buying inks from different providers.In uk you guys have quite a good selection. If I remembber correctly Epson WorkForce WF-7110 Inkjet Printer is the smallest a3 you can get. You can also get artisan 1430 which has dye ink instead of pigments like workforce. You can also use other inks with the printer wasn't provided with and "convert" printer to other inks. Just some food for thoughts.

info which can be quite handy: if you go inkjet you need to print or your nozzles will clog. With laser you don't have those issues. If I don't print nothing, I print small cmyk sqaure with my workforce once per week.

CMYK.png

Thats really good info Husky, thanks i’ll check out them models.

one more important thing. If you by accident go refillable cartridges, you need to turn of firmware updates by epson. That's how epson disables non-original cartridges. Firmware update is default ON in epson software. You need to turn it to OFF.

here is one link so you can get a feeling how much you would save:
https://www.cityinkexpress.co.uk/cheap-printer-cartridges/epson/wf-7610dwf/workforce-series
https://www.cityinkexpress.co.uk/ciss/epson/wf-2750dwf/wf-series
For one very good airbrush if I am not mistaken...Maybe even micron if your wife/girl is working in retail:
https://www.air-craft.net/acatalog/Iwata-Custom-Micron.html

Back