For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

printer

Discussion in 'Open Bar!' started by Ronald art, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Ronald art

Ronald art Detail Decepticon! Very Likeable!

I looked at the number of cartridges I needed over the year for my HP printer and it turns out I spend over 360 euro's a year just for ink and there is no way to drop that number with the HP so I went for a new printer with ink tanks instead of cartridges a bit more expensive than the HP but this epson printer will be cheaper in the long run I hope ;)
    SiRoxx likes this.
  2. SiRoxx

SiRoxx Party Boy UK Style

Good thinking Ron. I hole it works out for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. RichardH

RichardH Elite Member! Elite Member!

I used to have an Epson printer that took 9 color cartridges. Replacement original ink cartrages was way above what I wanted to spend so I bought the refillable cartridges with bottles of ink. I saved $200.00 everytime I had to refill. They lasted me for over a year with the ink that came with the kit. The printer after 5 years finally gave up the ship and I just threw it away.
    Refilling is the only way to go to save money.
    Ronald art likes this.
  4. m3ntalo

m3ntalo Artist of the Month! Artist of the Month! Very Likeable!

I use Epson printers with ink tanks for the office /private use. Lately I bought a second one with a3plus size printing. Together with photo paper (not even very expensive one) they have a great quality and the consumption is not very big/expensive. Works great for reference pictures.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk
    Ronald art likes this.
  5. Ronald art

I just tested this printer and I find the prints better than I got from the HP and I will check if I can get non branded replace ment ink at my local shop but for now I am happy with it even if it took ages to install this printer ;)
  6. Ronald art

I just checked online for replacement ink and I can get it for half the price epson is asking for the original ink :) so that will save me a bundle
    SiRoxx likes this.
  7. AndreZA

AndreZA Elite Member! Elite Member!

I want a A3 multi-function Epson with tanks but they are over €1100 over here. I really think an A3 scanner can come in handy.
  8. Ronald art

the A4 printers have always done the trick for me and for the price of a A3 printer I stick to an A4 and this epson was 179 euro and I found a place I can get 4 100 ml refill ink for 27 euro instead of the 64 euro I had to pay for 2 HP xl cartridges
  9. Malky

Malky Pencil Pushing Protagonist Very Likeable!

An A3 printer doesn't always have an A3 scanner, my brother printer certainly didn't so if you find one you like be sure to check that it does if an A3 scanner is your main desire.
  10. AndreZA

AndreZA Elite Member! Elite Member!

The HP and Brother that looked at had them but they used cartridges. The machines were cheap but on your second set of cartridges you've spent more than the printer costs.
  11. Malky

Malky Pencil Pushing Protagonist Very Likeable!

That's why the printers are cheap, you get them for next to nothing just so they get you to buy the ink.

There are videos on YouTube showing how to refill even cartridges and reset the cartridge so that any printer thinks it's a new one, I've even seen a video on resetting cartridges that tell you they are empty but actually aren't.

I have a Canon printer with XL cartridges, five colours, they are expensive but because of how little I use it one set will usually last me a year but if I get to the point of using it more I will probably look into a printer with refillable tanks.
  12. Robbyrockett2

Robbyrockett2 Detail Decepticon!

Google universal CISS, for a tank conversion on the cheap . @MarcosD has his setup with them and is very happy with them. I plan to but haven't gotten around to it yet.
  13. Ronald art

I tested the new printer today and it prints perfect and it comes with 4 60ml bottles free ink so that is as much as 10 HP XL black and 30!!! XL color cartridges as it stands now I already saved me a few 100 on ink alone
    Dimitris and Robbyrockett2 like this.
  14. DaveG

DaveG Mac-Valve Maestro! Very Likeable!

I purchased a Canon pixma pro100 because I just could not stand paying HP for in any longer. The last printer I had would only do 4 full color pages on cartridge, or 11 if I paid for the "XL" cartridge of ink. I have done some fantastic prints on the Canon, up to A3 - including real canvas, canvas textured papers, pearl papers, metal prints, etc. I was able to find a refill kit online that cost less than a set of replacement ink tanks (I am at at least 5 refills so far and going) that also came with a chip re-setter needed to allow the software to monitor ink levels. Can not say enough about this printer!
  15. Jurien72

Jurien72 Have Airbrush - Will Travel!

I have bought several HP printers over the years, and they usually broke right after the warranty expired. I bought a Canon printer a couple years ago, its been bouncing around in my truck, its covered in grease (the original pristine white is now... sepia? ;) ) and it still works great!
  16. Robbyrockett2

Robbyrockett2 Detail Decepticon!

I think they are all honestly hit and miss from model to model.
    Brother fell behind years ago though because they were the last ones to start robbing you for ink so the inital price stayed high and sales fell off, so development fell off.