Problems with Devilbliis Dagr airbrush PLEASE HELP

A

ashtray

Hi.

I have a DevilBliss Dagr airbrush. It was spraying air but no paint came out, so I took it apart twice and cleaned it using water then turps (i ran out of airbrush cleaner). I got rid of all the dried paint I could see.

Now re-assembled when I press down for just air paint comes out as well. It also seems to be very high pressure and is a lot more difficult to get finer lines. Also when the paint comes out it is fuzzy/spitty. It kind of gives the effect of spray paint as appose to the smoothness of an airbrush.

Does anyone know the best way to resolve this or what part(s) may most likely need to be replaced?

I hope my description is understandable. I have very little knowledge of airbrushing so please if anyone can help give to me in layman's terms haha. I have attached a diagram of my airbrush below to make it easier.

(also I know the paint that coursed the original problem it was mtn waterbased paint not thinned)

AIBRUSH MANUAL.jpg

If your getting paint when just pressing for air it means your needle isnt seated properly, this could be down to the smallest speck of paint, i know you have said you stripped and cleaned twice but you could still have missed some, the slightest speck of paint could cause this

Oh and you may head over to the intro section and say hi or the OAF ninjas will be on your tail

If your getting paint when just pressing for air it means your needle isnt seated properly, this could be down to the smallest speck of paint, i know you have said you stripped and cleaned twice but you could still have missed some, the slightest speck of paint could cause this
Hi Matty thanks for the quick reply! I have seen an airbrushing cleaning kit that i will order so I can get right in there and see what happens. Can you recommend anyway of knowing that it is seated 100% correctly before i try putting paint through it. Sorry if that sounds a stupid question.

Hi Matty thanks for the quick reply! I have seen an airbrushing cleaning kit that i will order so I can get right in there and see what happens. Can you recommend anyway of knowing that it is seated 100% correctly before i try putting paint through it. Sorry if that sounds a stupid question.

You can use a strong magnifier to have a look, a jewellers loupe or something like that but as we are talking the smallest specs of paint i always find its easier to just rebuild and try a test spray. Also try gently twisting the needle while its in as well sometimes this could shift it

You can use a strong magnifier to have a look, a jewellers loupe or something like that but as we are talking the smallest specs of paint i always find its easier to just rebuild and try a test spray. Also try gently twisting the needle while its in as well sometimes this could shift it
Thanks Matty. OK I will try this. One more question sorry. Which part of the airbrush do you think the spec of paint could be? Is it the nozzle where this kind of problem occurs?

Thanks Matty. OK I will try this. One more question sorry. Which part of the airbrush do you think the spec of paint could be? Is it the nozzle where this kind of problem occurs?

Yes mate inside the nozzle and sometimes on the tip of the needle, you could steep the nozzle overnight in some cleaner, but be careful mate these parts are very easily damaged and in some brushes are expensive to replace.
Oh an as i was told when i first joined here there are no stupid questions [emoji106][emoji106]

Yes mate inside the nozzle and sometimes on the tip of the needle, you could steep the nozzle overnight in some cleaner, but be careful mate these parts are very easily damaged and in some brushes are expensive to replace.
Oh an as i was told when i first joined here there are no stupid questions [emoji106][emoji106]
Thanks again! I will see what i can do! Your theory seems like it is the one. I remember cleaning the nozzle and there was so much gunk in there is took ages to clean!

Thanks again! I will see what i can do! Your theory seems like it is the one. I remember cleaning the nozzle and there was so much gunk in there is took ages to clean!

Yea well if there was a lot of gunk it seems that could be your problem. Usually when you've cleaned it then re cleaned it you should then clean a couple more times lol

I wouldn't buy a cleaning kit. All ya need is cleaner. After watching the badger video I will never use any brush in my nozzle because if a microscopic spec of paint can stop my brush imagine what a fine scratch inside the nozzle can do. Jut my two cents. Yes cents I'm American I don't deal in bobs like aussys do lol

One thing matty didn't have you do is check and make sure the Needle locknut (#19 on your parts list ) is tight after you seat the needle

To seat the needle loosen the locknut and slide the needle in and put a slight amount of pressure on the needle after it stops as you tighten the locknut

Back