Professional Artist, Amateur Airbrusher

S

spyderwyr

Just getting into airbrushing for modeling purposes and stumbled across this forum. Great stuff! Can't wait to start my adventure in airbrushing. Haven't touched one since high school.

Welcome home spyderwyr
Do you have an airbrush yet?
How many years has it been since High School ?
Start back at the basics with dots and daggers being more then likely your muscle memory for airbrushing has been forgotten LOL.

I don't have an airbrush yet. That's how I stumbled upon this forum actually. Lots of great info here. I will mostly be using it for large tabletop wargaming models. I may get into freehand though. I graduated in 2000 from HS and have a BFA in Graphic Design. I spend much of my day "airbrushing" on my computer at work building grocery ads so I thought it might be fun to do it at home on stuff I like with a real airbrush....and much easier to basecoat large models.

Also if you have a hobby lobby close by and print their 40% off coupon check out the Iwata Eclipse CS or BCS plus the carry Wicked paint in stock and some of the Candy O2 and some sealers too in small bottle.
They work great on miniture's

Also if you have a hobby lobby close by and print their 40% off coupon check out the Iwata Eclipse CS or BCS plus the carry Wicked paint in stock and some of the Candy O2 and some sealers too in small bottle.
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to bring up Iwata! :p Yes an Eclipse is also a good choice. I notice Hobby Lobby doesn't carry the BS model. :(

Cool, I'd forgotten about that.

Welcome from Australia, we look forward to seeing your work. We have a few modellers here.

I was looking on the website and didn't see it. Maybe Im not using the right model? Im looking for the gravity fed one with the small cup.
a small (B cup) eclipes model will be the Eclipse HP-BS .....
why not look for the High performance B cup......... HP-BP (or HP-B+ depending on where you call home) that line also has an 'A' model, which has no cup. its surprisingly useful.

An anthem or 150 with the 3 needle set, the anthem is a bit higher skill need for detail but will give one of the nicest, even broad coats/spray patterns of any brush. Besides those with fan attachments. The 150 is a good all rounder but requires needle and head assembly change outs but is a good beginner brush and allows a various future, if doing bigger models, best choice smaller models maybe something diff may suit in the gravity feed side of things but the 150 does come with a side cup..bth are around i think the 150-180 mark, maybe more these days...dunno but bth good options as are some of those mentioned above, but the krome for me would be a bit too detail oientated doing models besides the smallest bits

Welcome to the forum and back to airbrushing. You will find its changed a bit over the years but it depends when you left high school really. for me it was 30 years ago.. Definitely changed since then..

Lee

Back