Projector Questions/confusion

W

Wkd_drgn

Hello all. I am getting into airbrushing as a beginner. I work for an airbrush shop currently. I can't stand the owners' projector though. It's a prism but I can never seem to get the room dark enough to get the picture good on whatever I'm trying to airbrush on. Like t shirts or canvasses. Anyway I am looking for possibly an inexpensive digital projector that doesn't need so much low light. Around $150 if at all possible. It doesn't need to be top of the line. I just don't get projectors. Like can home theater projectors, can they be used for pictures? I just don't understand it at all. Any help would be appreciated!

Hello all. I am getting into airbrushing as a beginner. I work for an airbrush shop currently. I can't stand the owners' projector though. It's a prism but I can never seem to get the room dark enough to get the picture good on whatever I'm trying to airbrush on. Like t shirts or canvasses. Anyway I am looking for possibly an inexpensive digital projector that doesn't need so much low light. Around $150 if at all possible. It doesn't need to be top of the line. I just don't get projectors. Like can home theater projectors, can they be used for pictures? I just don't understand it at all. Any help would be appreciated!

Home cinema projectors can be used for literally anything including pictures or stills, the problem is $150 won't actually get you much, to get the quality and strength of light that your after you'll be closer to upwards of around $500, even second you'll struggle to get what you need, you have to be aware that for art projection purposes you need something with a native resolution of minimum 600 x 800 pixels, some projectors have native resolution of 2oo x 300 but these will show lines on the projected image, even though most new projectors state they can project full HD images, all images will be automatically converted to the projectors own native resolution, the only way to really get full HD is but one who's native resolution is 1080p but that is likely heading to towards $2000+.

Have a look on places like Craig's list, you might just get lucky, there are (new) projectors available for $50 but you would be wiser to just throw your money down the toilet, I bought one a couple of years ago, switched it on once to see what it was like and then put it straight in the bin:eek:

Dang yeah I'm on a very strict limited income at the moment. There's no way I could afford 500. Thanks for the info though.

Dang yeah I'm on a very strict limited income at the moment. There's no way I could afford 500. Thanks for the info though.

Well as I said have a look at some second hand sites, one of our other members found a good one for almost steal and less than you stated your budget was, it's a simple case of being in the right place at the right time:)

Failing that, use a grid to scale up or down - that was what was done before projectors. An old OHP may be an option as well.

I am looking into them the flare100 seems best but I don't know. Like I hear what you are saying but will have to keep researching. The way the prism is set up is it is about a foot or two away from the wall we use to have the t-shirts or canvas on to trace. It's in a small room but the ceiling is open and has the overhead light coming in from off to the side. I've tried like having stuff over the ledge of the upper walls to try to block out some of the light but it just doesn't seem to work out well. Looks like I got some serious research to do. But mainly it's not that serious what I want the projector for. I'm not doing realistic portraits yet. More like cartoony stuff. I have traced out a Nissan 350z using this projector on canvas though. Ugh. And I live in South eastern VA and there's slim pickins on Craigslist lol.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back