Protecting the lungs!?!

P

polybuilder

Hi guys... just wanna find out what I've gotta do to help protect me and the family from the unhealthy exposure of atomized paint:dread:...

I know there are air extractors and air purifiers... I would prefer to use the latter... but I'm not sure if it would be powerful enough to "draw" the fumes out quick enough... and boring a hole in the wall to install an extractor is deffo out of the question... all/any advise on this matter would be much appreciated!

At the moment it is slowing me down from doing as much work as I can... the stuff is floating everywhere :(

Cheers,
James

Hi guys... just wanna find out what I've gotta do to help protect me and the family from the unhealthy exposure of atomized paint:dread:...

I know there are air extractors and air purifiers... I would prefer to use the latter... but I'm not sure if it would be powerful enough to "draw" the fumes out quick enough... and boring a hole in the wall to install an extractor is deffo out of the question... all/any advise on this matter would be much appreciated!

At the moment it is slowing me down from doing as much work as I can... the stuff is floating everywhere :(

Cheers,
James

First what brand of paint are you using?
Next are you doing this in a house?
does the room you are airbrushing in have windows?
A friend I know who lives in a flat put a box fan in the window to pull the air out of the room , He set his paint station up right in front of the window so he was painting toward it. he also put a furnace filter on the outside part of the box fan .

... thanks for the quick reply Mr.M!!

The brand of paint I'm using is a mixture (not mixed together though) of Wicked Colors, FW (Daler Rowney) and Reeves Acrylics fine artist quality.

I'm thinking of changing to Createx Airbrush Colors... would these be good to use on stretched canvas and canvas board??

Yes... I'm working in the house.

Yes... the room does have windows (but it is very wintery here in Ireland at the moment!), though I do open them for a bit...

I like the sounds of you suggestion... it could work really well I think... but then again... I would hve to open the windows:(

Cheers,
James

Last edited by a moderator:
... thanks for the quick reply Mr.M!!

The brand of paint I'm using is a mixture (not mixed together though) of Wicked Colors, FW (Daler Rowney) and Reeves Acrylics fine artist quality.

I'm thinking of changing to Createx Airbrush Colors... would these be good to use on stretched canvas and canvas board??

Yes... I'm working in the house.

Yes... the room does have windows (but it is very wintery here in Ireland at the moment!), though I do open them for a bit...

I like the sounds of you suggestion... it could work really well I think... but then again... I would hve to open the windows:(

Cheers,
James
I know all about winter time...have a look at this one and change the design to fit your needs..DIY Spray Booth for Airbrush - www.ifish.net

You know what... that looks like something that would suit me... I have also spotted a air-vent in the room... so I was thinking of removing the cover from this and feeding the pipe out through here and filling around it with expanding foam... great idea!..

Thanks a lot Mr.M for taking the time to help me out on this on buddy:)

Cheers,
James

Back