Question about the hp-c plus vs. the hp-ch

R

Rados19

I am going to pull the trigger on a new airbrush, and would like opinions/advice about the Iwata hp-c plus and the hp-ch. I have used the hp-c plus a lot, but am wondering if I should spend the xtra $ for the hp-ch. How big of a difference does the air valve on the hp-ch make? They look like the same airbrush except for the valve. Any opinions/ advice would be greatly appreciated. thnx

The only thing I will say about the mac valve on the ch is that you will wish your c+would grow one

The placement of the air valve is the key. Yes you can get an inline mac valve. It will not work exactly the same. I have both, the CH has the .2 set up, it has very fine adjustment because of the valve being that close.

The only thing I will say about the mac valve on the ch is that you will wish your c+would grow one

The placement of the air valve is the key. Yes you can get an inline mac valve. It will not work exactly the same. I have both, the CH has the .2 set up, it has very fine adjustment because of the valve being that close.
Well put, Ko. I guess that says it all. Wayne- did you installed the .2 conversion kit? How easy is it to convert to the .2? I've never done that before, and would like that option. Seems to me that with that conversion, you would almost have the micron (which is way above my price range right now). I may be wrong on that, but is the .18 needle on the micron the only difference, or is there a difference in the trigger sensitivity also? thanks for the info.

One more question- does the air valve make cleaning more difficult, or does it not come into play when it comes to cleaning?

Hey guys. ... only the micron sb has the .18...... the cmc and all the others have a .21 or .23 I can't remember which. .. but what's 2/100 of a mm between friends huh??
The key to the micron is in its atomisation which you will struggle to get near from any other brush. ... but a must do modification to any top level iwata is change the valve spring. ... €5 from marissa oosterlee at foxystudio.com

Hey guys. ... only the micron sb has the .18...... the cmc and all the others have a .21 or .23 I can't remember which. .. but what's 2/100 of a mm between friends huh??
The key to the micron is in its atomisation which you will struggle to get near from any other brush. ... but a must do modification to any top level iwata is change the valve spring. ... €5 from marissa oosterlee at foxystudio.com

The CM-B has a .18. Every time I eyeball it on the CAB website I am reminded of it. :)

Fez said it all a .23 micron will out detail and hp-ch with the .2 set up . My terminator girl I just finished was done with my cm-b and my hp-ch.

As for the hp-ch or c+ conversion. You need the needle, nozzle, and nozzle cap or whatever they call he cover over the nozzle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The CM-B and CM-SB both have the .18 nozzle, while the "C" micron models have the .23. A micron with a .23 with easily out-detail any "conventional" airbrush with a .2 nozzle (or a .15, for that matter). There's much more to how an airbrush functions beyond just the nozzle size.

Back