Raised Edge on Cutout

otpowell

Double Actioner
If I was going to glue a paper cutout on a canvas, what's the best glue to use and what's the proper method for burying the raised edge of the cutout? Was thinking perhaps using gold leaf size as an adhesive or rubber cement.. As for burying the eased edge, masking fluid or rubber cement work?

Not really sure what you are trying to do.
Sticker get buried under layers of clear coat. sanding between them to even out where the stickers are.
but this is an airbrush airbrush forum so we really do not talk about stickers...LOL

mainly what is the purpose of gluing something on the canvas?

Well, I was going to trace something and put it on a canvas.. I saw in airbrush magazine where the guy cut out his stuff in different parts and then reassembled it. Like a portrait with pencil and used trans paint. He cut out the head, body, and legs and reassembled on the canvas.. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362658925.117115.jpg

Well, I was going to trace something and put it on a canvas.. I saw in airbrush magazine where the guy cut out his stuff in different parts and then reassembled it. Like a portrait with pencil and used trans paint. He cut out the head, body, and legs and reassembled on the canvas.. View attachment 11873

Cool ideal , It does not show how he blends them in? I would say 777 spray adhesive . holds up a long time

Well, I was going to trace something and put it on a canvas.. I saw in airbrush magazine where the guy cut out his stuff in different parts and then reassembled it. Like a portrait with pencil and used trans paint. He cut out the head, body, and legs and reassembled on the canvas.. View attachment 11873

That is incorrect... I recognize this article from Airbrush Action Magazine. The artist who wrote it is Armando Huerta. He used pencil to completely render the artwork on the canvas and then protected the surounding surface with white bond paper leaving a 1/2 inch border around the drawing. Clear packing tape was applied over the drawing as a frisket (after dulling the adhesive with his hands), parts were individually cut out and painted directly over the pencil work. When the painting was finished, the packing tape and white bond paper were removed. Nothing was glued to the surface...

That is incorrect... I recognize this article from Airbrush Action Magazine. The artist who wrote it is Armando Huerta. He used pencil to completely render the artwork on the canvas and then protected the surounding surface with white bond paper leaving a 1/2 inch border around the drawing. Clear packing tape was applied over the drawing as a frisket (after dulling the adhesive with his hands), parts were individually cut out and painted directly over the pencil work. When the painting was finished, the packing tape and white bond paper were removed. Nothing was glued to the surface...
I did not remember seeing the article But really have not had a chance to read through the past few.

I misread the article.. Anyway, I just bought some 7777 krylon spray adhesive and gonna see if I can make the paper blend in some how. If not, I'll try to use my camcorder and retrace the image.. It has a built in projector that is pretty cool.

Back