Reasonable tuition fees

Hey that is the way I feel too:D

We should start our own forum "The Airbrushing for clueless old farts forum" and elite members get a 30% discount on our sheep grooming classes, and I can also show my innovative method of buffing Harley tins with a new born lamb after three days of course, the little buggers are a bit sticky in the first five minutes:thumbsup:

We should start our own forum "The Airbrushing for clueless old farts forum" and elite members get a 30% discount on our sheep grooming classes, and I can also show my innovative method of buffing Harley tins with a new born lamb after three days of course, the little buggers are a bit sticky in the first five minutes:thumbsup:
But we may just be the only two on it...

Buddy, speak to Mick Neill at the Airbrush Academy in Evesham. He can tailor any of his courses to cover EXACTLY what you want out of it.

And he's an outstanding artist, and a top bloke!!

Buddy, speak to Mick Neill at the Airbrush Academy in Evesham. He can tailor any of his courses to cover EXACTLY what you want out of it.

And he's an outstanding artist, and a top bloke!!

Thanks for that, I was looking at his courses after seeing you recommended him on another thread:thumbsup:

Nothing is set in stone. In no class will you learn that if you want to do WYZ, you need to have this gun, this paint reduced with this much reducer this fat away at this angle. So you must choose, do you want a course to teach you how to use an airbrush, or a course that will show you how to paint.

The course where they teach how to do a certain image is there to show you how to interpret the reference and reproduce. Every image is different. In some you need to add more steps and other you will get away with less. You will not be spoon fed, you need to figure things out for yourself.

Smiler m8 ,I have just done Lord Mitch ,s course and I must say I have learned a great deal . Now with regards to the tools you can use your own so it's not an issue . I personally used what was provided for various reasons and my end work did show that I was a tad heavy handed as used to using a completely different brush and pressures /paint etc . The big thing for me was I needed the kick in the pants to move forward and I wish I had done it when my had started to fix as I would have been leaps forward today . I have come away with a renewed confidence and reorganised myself and my working practices .I am now in the process of implementing learnt technique s into the way I prefer to work rightly or wrongly as long as it's what I wanted to achieve .The things I have learnt once perfected should allow me to paint whatever I want weather completely accurate or my interpretation . For you smiler a higher end course would be invaluable but you will only get out what you put in .

I hink you had all the advice you can get :) , I for one was like you when I picked up my first airbrush and I soon came to the conclusion I needed someone to teach me the basics and like you I wanted to use my own paint and airbrush :) I did some looking around on the web and found someone that painted in a style I liked : monochrome portrait work I dropped her a mail and asked her if she was willing to teach me .
I payed 200 for 4 private 6 hour sessions and this course saved me countless hours of figuring the tricks out by myself .
I did the same when I found it was time to switch to colors and I picked the best I could find : Marissa Oosterlee , again with my own airbrush and the same paints I use at home ;)

What I learned in my classes had already been mentioned on this forum multiple times. Bits and pieces are on here for technique, color matching/shifting, texture, tools etc. The big thing that the classes did was bring it all together and made a much clearer understanding of what all of those bits of information meant and how to apply them.

Wow, I had forgot about this thread, but someone's brought it back to life.
I've just read through it again, had a wee chuckle to myself, I certainly have improved over these months, thanks to a lot of info from you guys, Adfez popping around and showing me some stuff and Madbrush spending hours with me trying to get stuff to sink into my thick head.
I'm still a noob as far as I'm concerned, still have a massive hill to climb to reach the top. I still have the same goal, but have realised that ain't going to happen overnight, I'm still going to look at tuition as and when I feel I need to move on to the next level. I learnt that it's better to be good at one thing then being able to do loads but poorly.
I might be stuck in mono at the moment but I'm learning ,(well I hope I am) about tones and values, technique and control. Looking back at where I started and then some of my recent works I'm getting better, but just not doing it as much as I should be.
Once my new place is finished and I've got a dedicated space hopefully I'll be getting more practice in.

Wow, I had forgot about this thread, but someone's brought it back to life.
I've just read through it again, had a wee chuckle to myself, I certainly have improved over these months, thanks to a lot of info from you guys, Adfez popping around and showing me some stuff and Madbrush spending hours with me trying to get stuff to sink into my thick head.
I'm still a noob as far as I'm concerned, still have a massive hill to climb to reach the top. I still have the same goal, but have realised that ain't going to happen overnight, I'm still going to look at tuition as and when I feel I need to move on to the next level. I learnt that it's better to be good at one thing then being able to do loads but poorly.
I might be stuck in mono at the moment but I'm learning ,(well I hope I am) about tones and values, technique and control. Looking back at where I started and then some of my recent works I'm getting better, but just not doing it as much as I should be.
Once my new place is finished and I've got a dedicated space hopefully I'll be getting more practice in.
painting mono's is real good practice and it is the base for nearly everything :)

I can personally vouch for both Mick's and Marissa's courses as I have done both with great success. I know Mick personally and he is a top bloke and a great artist as AirborneArtwerx said. I have seen the results from Mitch's course too and they are all fantastic. I wouldn't be as confident and advanced as I am at present without them. In my opinion well worth taking. I may have got to where I am in years to come but knowing what I know now I would have taken the courses many years ago... SO, Save up those pennies @Smiler65 it will be worth it..

Just like me and many others who doubt their our own abilities, doing a course gives you the confidence and belief in yourself as a capable artist. It does learn you a lot too. Some folks are just naturally talented and can learn without them. It gave me the boost I needed and I am glad of that. Hence this post.

On that Note!!

I can't wait to see what the SheepMeister @Madbrush comes up with at Marissa's class. Whatever it is, I know it will be a cracking piece of art.

Lee

I can personally vouch for both Mick's and Marissa's courses as I have done both with great success. I know Mick personally and he is a top bloke and a great artist as AirborneArtwerx said. I have seen the results from Mitch's course too and they are all fantastic. I wouldn't be as confident and advanced as I am at present without them. In my opinion well worth taking. I may have got to where I am in years to come but knowing what I know now I would have taken the courses many years ago... SO, Save up those pennies @Smiler65 it will be worth it..

Just like me and many others who doubt their our own abilities, doing a course gives you the confidence and belief in yourself as a capable artist. It does learn you a lot too. Some folks are just naturally talented and can learn without them. It gave me the boost I needed and I am glad of that. Hence this post.

On that Note!!

I can't wait to see what the SheepMeister @Madbrush comes up with at Marissa's class. Whatever it is, I know it will be a cracking piece of art.

Lee

Unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances at home I had to miss the class, obviously I'm pretty gutted at that but even more so at the fact that trying again in the future seems bleak at this time, Marissa did offer to let me put my deposit towards another class but I'm afraid our present situation is making that impossible:(

Really sorry to hear that Malky, I had high expectations too. The day will come, karma and all that type of stuff..

Back