Refrence Pictures Not Clear

T

Teez

hi, im getting a few pictures of google, just to practice my airbrushing. most of the picture i find seem to be clear and visible but when u actually print the picture all the detail is lost. i look for the biggest pictures i can find so that the reselution is much better but they all around a similar size. it is not easy to airbrush a picture especially if your a beginner and the main details are lost. i feel like pulling out my hair right nw lol. is there a beta way to print the refrence pictures clear? is there a program that can help me enhance the picture so much that it is extreamly clear?

Monitor pixels and printing diameter is very different. You can have an image that fills you monitor nicely but when you print it is tiny. You can not add pixels to an image to make it clearer. I normally add "high resolution" or "HD" to my search criteria.

Monitor pixels and printing diameter is very different. You can have an image that fills you monitor nicely but when you print it is tiny. You can not add pixels to an image to make it clearer. I normally add "high resolution" or "HD" to my search criteria.

Exactly! Most images formatted for a Monitor/Web page are 72-90 ppi(pixels per inch) print quality is usually 150+(I usually shoot for 300 personally, but 150 shoudl be enough detail to paint). When you download an image, check its size in an image editor. For example 1024x768, if you figure that at 150ppi it is 1024/150=6.82 inches by 768/150=5.12". The problem you are having is. your image is probably stretched to fit on the page and is becoming very pixellated.

Last edited:
Back