Regulator guage for low pressure readings?

G

GeoffD

I've been searching for a UK or EU source for a regulator guage for low pressure use, i.e. with a larger scale for 0-30 psi with a max reading of say 60psi!
I'm fed up with the standard gauges that read up to 100psi and 0-20 is too tiny to be much use for setting say 10 or 15 psi. Anyone have a link for a digital one?

I have use a digital gauge.it was an ITW Devilbiss DV803291 air adjustable valve with digital gauge. There are pros and cons to the digital gauge ,
Climate (area the compressor sits in) can effect the read out. Moisture getting into the line also can effect it.
There are standard gauges like what I have on my Silent-air 50 that is set in 1 PSI increments . But I also have my compressor set at 30 PSI with a mini regulator hooked to the airbrush to dial in the pressure I need.
So a little more detail on which place you want to install the gauge would help. Tank out put PSI is not always the same pressure at the end of a hose, So while you may have you compressor set at 15 PSI the hose end may only have 2PSI
Hope that makes sense .

They're all set at 26 psi, is that as low as they go?, lol
No they just keep using the same set of photo. it actually goes down to 0.20 psi but why. :D
They are used a lot in the medical field for making things like stints . They have they set to 3 PSI to check workability of them.

At the moment I run a split air setup with one high pressure feed at 45-60 psi going to feed a 3 way manifold with a couple of brushes for block spraying and clear coating plus my air blaster using hoses without any form of air control valves and a second feed going to a second filter and regulator feeding a multi-way air distribution/brush holder for detail work with individual air control valve q/r on each hose. I'd like to dial in a max pressure of say 10-15 psi for this group of brushes then fine tune each brush with its mac valve.
They seem to be available in the US, I just haven't found one over here.

You could also replace the pressure gauge on the regulator for one like this http://www.amazon.ca/Zenport-DPG60-...6525999&sr=8-10&keywords=water+pressure+gauge it will allow you to have a more precise reading but on the down side it will not increase the precision of the regulator. Second thing is that your regulator will be able to exceed the max pressure of your gauge and so could possibly break it if you do go above it's limit. What I have done to give me more control is that I have bought a other regulator which I connect to the first one using a quick connect and that I have equipped with a lower pressure gauge and an other quick connect. I set the first gauge to a setting above what I need, but I make sure never to exceed the max pressure on my other gauge. That way I can adjust my pressure on the regulator with a lower pressure and not go above maximum. and when I am done and want to use my air compressor for other air tools I can just remove the second regulator and I can reach the higher pressures.

Hope it helps :)

Back