For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Retiring

Discussion in 'Open Bar!' started by Visual Realm, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Visual Realm

Visual Realm Skull King Very Likeable!

I just want to start off by saying thank you all who have supported me over the years. Its been a great ride. Also to watch this forum grow into what it is today, and thats the superpower of the forum world for airbrushing. All due to the great people here willing to share and help people down the right path. Im glad to call many of you that ive gotten to know my friends.

So as i stated before in my Tom Petty thread, ive been doing alot of thinking about calling it quits on airbrushing. So ive decided im gonna retire from it. We all have dissappointments along the way. Ive had my fair share. From being told my art isnt worth my asking price, to feeling my art is boring because of being told it isnt worth what i think. And im not high priced at all. Ive probably shorted myself the whole time. So be it. I just care about the time i put into something and to have that wasted really upsets me when it takes time away from other things. I also did have quite an altercation awhile ago with a certain person, who isnt a member here i dont think but i know some of you know who he is, that went as far as threatning to come to my house. When i told him that would be a mistake if my family was here, he said he would kick their heads in. I have screenshots. That crosses a huge line with me. Just wanted to put that out there cause some of you support a guy who says bs like that. Plus i think he smeared my name a bit just to be a punk, but if he wants to go that route i will smear him even more by what he said. Sorry that whole situation still makes me see red.

As i reassesed it all in my mind, i put all the negatives aside and think about the postitives. Which ive been able to do quite well from the loss of my two babies. Cause thats what i had to do. I got into this as a release from that nightmare. Never expected to go as far as i did. So im quite proud of where i have gotten in this craft. Being self taught, being able to help others out, and most importantly touching people with my art from all the memorials ive done over the years. So i can say at least ive done something. It wasnt a total loss. So i came out ahead.

So in conclusion, ive found that im happy with letting it go. I accomplished more than i thought i would and stand proud. Ive got other things im also interested in and have been doing that are more beneficial to me in earning something from it. Being where i live there isnt much of a market for airbrushing anyway. Doing all of it at one time is just way too much for my plate. It will always be a skill thats in my back pocket if the need for it ever arises.

This forum has been a part of me for awhile and just felt to those that care, you deserve to hear my reasoning out of respect from me. Again thank you all for the support and kind words through my time here.
  2. Mr.Micron

Mr.Micron Royal pain in the air hose Admin

VR While I think hanging talent such as your up is wrong . I do understand where you are coming from and I support you 110%.
    But you know the door here is always open to you anytime you want to even just stop by and see what is going on.
    I wish the the very best in your new interest and I know you will excel at those as you did with the airbrush.
    Take care my friend .
    Visual Realm likes this.
  3. markjthomson

markjthomson AKA Quick Draw !! (and still very happy) Staff Member Mod

What @Mr.Micron said, you will be well missed here. Thank you so much for your support, wise words, encouragement and Paint pals! You know you always have a place here. All the best and don't drift too far away. Catch you in some other feeds!
    Visual Realm likes this.
  4. Malky

Malky Pencil Pushing Protagonist Very Likeable!

You will be missed my friend, but you have to do what's right for yourself, naturally you are under no obligation but I hope you will pop in now and again and just let us know you're doing well, it sucks that you had a problem with someone but you do have friends here, I hope you won't forget us.

I wish you all the best in whatever you do from now on, be safe whatever happens.
    Visual Realm likes this.
  5. Big John 1945

Big John 1945 Elite Member! Elite Member! Very Likeable!

Hey VR, I have not known you as long as some of the other artists here at the forum, but I sure have a deep respect for your talent. Your gallery is beautiful and a great compilation of art. You will be missed but as others have stated stop in anytime and let us know how you are doing.
    Visual Realm likes this.
  6. SiRoxx

SiRoxx Mac-Valve Maestro!

I will definitely miss your art on the forum VR. I thank you for the advice you’ve handed me too, but for what it’s worth, I respect your decision. I hope you’ll miss it and be back one day of course . But in the mean time I wish you all the best for the future. Good luck Mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Visual Realm likes this.
  7. Vince Driver

Vince Driver Gravity Guru

I haven't been here that long and don't think I've interacted with you but your art has been an inspiration to me and a lot of others I'm sure. If you must leave this behind you then know that you have inspired many artists who long to hone their skills to such an impressive degree as you were able to achieve. Thank you my friend.
    Visual Realm and JackEb like this.
  8. JackEb

JackEb The Dragon Hunter Staff Member Admin

“Open bar” is for non airbrush related chatter so makes sure you pop in every now and then and let us know your lastest venture.
    You know you’ll be missed !
    Visual Realm likes this.
  9. CALz AyrWKz

CALz AyrWKz Moderator Mod

NNNooooooo!! You can't leave us!! :cry::cry::cry::cry: I truly believe that you will be back. After you've had a break, you'll return. Your work is way too good for you to hang it up forever.

But, I do understand your need to do other things. I'm always looking to learn and grow as an artist. And, you have two young children who need your time. I get that. So please check back in with us, you know we love you!

AND never let some idiot tell you your work isn't good enough. What the frick do they know? Probably can't even draw a stick figure. They're probably jealous of your talent. AND, who would threaten your beautiful family? Over what? If they are a member here, they don't deserve to be. :mad: Just sayin!

Take care, we'll be in touch. :love:
    Visual Realm and Mr.Micron like this.
  10. Airbrush Dreams

Airbrush Dreams Detail Decepticon! Very Likeable!

Gonna miss those incredibly detailed monochrome paintings of yours. You have been around almost as long or just as long as I. I respect your decisions as I can identify with the same internal conflicts. I don’t do commissions anymore myself. I have totally committed my art to serving the Lord and have been blessed with a joy in my art that I never thought I would feel. I pray the same for you in whatever endeavors you choose. Take care my friend.

http://fredaw61.wixsite.com/the-artist
    CALz AyrWKz and Visual Realm like this.
  11. WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight Code Dragon Slayer Admin

Will miss you :(
    Visual Realm likes this.
  12. twood

twood Detail Decepticon! Very Likeable!

In our hearts and mind, you aren't going anywhere.....
    Good luck....and don't be a stranger
    Visual Realm and JackEb like this.
  13. musicmacd

musicmacd Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

Mate I feel sad that your hanging up the guns but happy for you for making a positive decision in your life.
    Can't believe someone threatened you over art :( WTF is the world coming too.
    Having one of your pieces on my wall still blows me away in the level of detail it contains.
    Take care buddy
    Visual Realm and NEMOPa like this.
  14. basepaint

basepaint Air-Valve Autobot!

So sorry to here your going to hang up the airbrushs.(Hope you come back to them and all the friends you have made because of them!) You will be missed and I hope you and your family the best in your life's understand like it's been said before stop in and see us sometime
    Visual Realm likes this.
  15. tucky

tucky Detail Decepticon!

Sorry dude
    Visual Realm likes this.
  16. MeeshellMP

MeeshellMP Goddess Queen of carts Mod

Oh this makes me sad...Im sorry to hear this. Who was it? I'm sure I know who it is....do I gotta go kick his arse??
  17. musicmacd

musicmacd Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

I feel like I want to know too, would hate to help a person like that.
  18. SiRoxx

Ditto.

Visual Realm likes this.
  19. NEMOPa

NEMOPa Elite Member! Elite Member!

Since reading VR's post on Friday, I have felt a whole range of emotions: #1 Pissed off -the idea that anyone here would threaten another member over their art. #2. Sadness that someone with an obvious passion & talent should feel compelled to give up. #3. Confusion - I'm not an artist, I'm a mechanic - I do a range of graphic projects, vinyl, heat transfers, signs, t shirts, banners, windows, glass etching and more. I use stencils, masks and whatever else it takes to get the job done. This being said. I can't wrap my head around being sensitive to a point where I would give up everything. I don't think that any of us live in a great airbrush art market. We have to create that demand that allows us to profit & grow. I do what my customers want and then I do what I want for me. There are some very talented people here and I for 1 appreciate their efforts and contributions. VR is one of those people. I wish and hope that he reconsiders his decision. I don't know him on a personal level, but I hope that those that do, reach out to him and offer their support.

These are just the ramblings of an old man. There isn't much that's new to me, but sh*t like this bothers me - from an old Star Wars movie: "I feel a weakening in the force" and we can't let the "Dark Side" win...
    CALz AyrWKz and Visual Realm like this.
  20. SiRoxx

Fortunately I think VR said that the individual who threatened him is not a member here. But is part of the AB community.
    I’m not adding this as a correction, just hoping that it doesn’t tarnish your view of this fantastic forum.

Visual Realm likes this.