Review: Olympos HP-100SB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a little surprised at his comments. Its like he went out of his way to make it look bad. There is no reason to do that. All he had to do was tell me to send another. He asked me for needles and nozzles. Then I never heard from him again.

Seeing that I payed for it myself, I can give my honest opinion. I just wrote what I saw.

I said that it arrived in perfect order. Even with bad packaging, which this did not have, there should be no way the needle should be able to get damaged when the needle cap is on. The cap will be bent out of wack if something happens to the front. The manufacturing finish is just that. Not something that can happen in transport.

I asked you for prices for needles, nozzles and a teflon seal before I even started the test and you said you did not have any. I attached the emails between us. I was really hoping for this to be an Iwata killer because you could have put it in many hands here in South Africa where Iwatas are ridiculously priced. I would have helped with that.

I'll revisit my review when/if I ever get a new needle.

And also, nowhere did I use your name. So anybody that makes the connection to you and your products, are pure coincidence.

emails.jpg

Last edited:
About olympos finish i kinda agree that not good as iwata, iwata more polished, on my MP-200C L3 head nozzle there is some glue/adhesive to cover some hole because some machining error, they use some kind of glue to cover it, and the price for L3 is about 130$, on my S3 head there is no problem on it. I agree that there is some inconsistent on quality control, but i like trigger on olympos better than iwata, nozzle on my mp-200C more thick and robust than on my iwata cmc+, the trigger on my olympos less wobble than on my iwata, mac valve on iwata little wobble too, in my olympos psk series mac valve are steady and robust. Oh yeah when i buy my mp-200c and my psk series the needle already bent even there is cap on it, i think is from the manufacture not from shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing that I payed for it myself, I can give my honest opinion. I just wrote what I saw.

I said that it arrived in perfect order. Even with bad packaging, which this did not have, there should be no way the needle should be able to get damaged when the needle cap is on. The cap will be bent out of wack if something happens to the front. The manufacturing finish is just that. Not something that can happen in transport.

I asked you for prices for needles, nozzles and a teflon seal before I even started the test and you said you did not have any. I attached the emails between us. I was really hoping for this to be an Iwata killer because you could have put it in many hands here in South Africa where Iwatas are ridiculously priced. I would have helped with that.

I'll revisit my review when/if I ever get a new needle.

View attachment 45273
Lets remove all this stupidity. You said it arrived safe and sound. I used it before I sent it. You were the artist of the month on here. When I found that out. I made sure yours was working perfectly. PM me your info to new york. I'll send you another one for FREE with 2 extra needles and 2 nozzles. But in all fairness you should really remove what you posted on your site.

I all honesty I have seen some slight differences here and there. But we are talking a huge difference in pricing. I just bought a ton of them. And I checked all 50 just tonight. They are all very nice. But they spray Extremely accurate and consistent. Well above what they cost.

OK not to start a war here :)
BUT that review is so far from the truth, its ridiculous. I have a CM-SB and the finish has some of same machine lines in it as my 100sb.
Maybe his got damaged. I sent him a gun I tested myself. I have 20 of them here and they are all perfect.
But as far as how they spray. They spray amazing if you are using transparent acrylics. That is the only way I have tested them. He also said his needle was damaged. How can you review an airbrush and bash the crap out of it with a damaged needle ?? Anybody who seriously is considering an Olympos should completely dis -regard that review.

First of all Frank, I've read through Andre's review completely twice, the second was after this statement and it may have escaped your notice but Andre in no place in that review mentioned your name, Andre is concerned with the quality and precision of the Olympos airbrush in his review and not the integrity of the seller, at no point in his review did he criticize you personally, so I find it a little underhanded that not only would you openly call him a liar here on the forum, but would even stoop to making a video in which you mentioned his name so that you can tell world also that he is a liar, I find that ridiculously unfair, even though you may well have a valid point about the needle situation, I've seen the photos he posted and seen enough to know that the overall finish of these brushes is low grade, I understand that a lower price means lower quality but from what I've seen in the photos the quality is just a little too low for my liking.

Andre has been a member here since day one and has produced some incredible work which proves that he knows his way around a brush and pretty much has the know how to make such a review, he is well respected here and not just because of his work, but because he is a top contributor and huge advertisement for the forum's motto, a huge number of people have made excellent progress in airbrushing thanks to his input, help and advice.

In contrast, your presence here seems to be all about your promoting of Olympos airbrushes which we accepted, you don't praise or critic the works of others, nor offer advice, no one has ever complained about this and I doubt they would but that could now change, I was all for supporting your effort but that video has lost you any trust and respect I had, and that will go for quite a few here I'm afraid, YouTube just like Face Book has no morals and will accept just about anything, we won't Frank and if you have started a war I'm afraid that video and your words here have done you far more harm than good, I doubt anyone at all will take you seriously now that we know just how low you are prepared to go, even if you take down that video you cannot undo the damage you've done.

It's a real shame because I actually thought you were better than that:(

First of all Frank, I've read through Andre's review completely twice, the second was after this statement and it may have escaped your notice but Andre in no place in that review mentioned your name, Andre is concerned with the quality and precision of the Olympos airbrush in his review and not the integrity of the seller, at no point in his review did he criticize you personally, so I find it a little underhanded that not only would you openly call him a liar here on the forum, but would even stoop to making a video in which you mentioned his name so that you can tell world also that he is a liar, I find that ridiculously unfair, even though you may well have a valid point about the needle situation, I've seen the photos he posted and seen enough to know that the overall finish of these brushes is low grade, I understand that a lower price means lower quality but from what I've seen in the photos the quality is just a little too low for my liking.

Andre has been a member here since day one and has produced some incredible work which proves that he knows his way around a brush and pretty much has the know how to make such a review, he is well respected here and not just because of his work, but because he is a top contributor and huge advertisement for the forum's motto, a huge number of people have made excellent progress in airbrushing thanks to his input, help and advice.

In contrast, your presence here seems to be all about your promoting of Olympos airbrushes which we accepted, you don't praise or critic the works of others, nor offer advice, no one has ever complained about this and I doubt they would but that could now change, I was all for supporting your effort but that video has lost you any trust and respect I had, and that will go for quite a few here I'm afraid, YouTube just like Face Book has no morals and will accept just about anything, we won't Frank and if you have started a war I'm afraid that video and your words here have done you far more harm than good, I doubt anyone at all will take you seriously now that we know just how low you are prepared to go, even if you take down that video you cannot undo the damage you've done.

It's a real shame because I actually thought you were better than that:(
Ok I did not read everything you wrote. Because in my defense . It is written in one or both of our posts or messages. I was not attacking him. I am a little surprised at your attack on me. I thought you a little better than that. If you don't want me to come on here. Then fine I won't.
Ok. now i read your whole post. Sorry u feel that way. I guess i'm not as good as you thought. I was merely stating. It made no sense to steer people away from something by reviewing it so indepth when it was damaged. I know Andre is a respected member. I did not call him a liar. Frankly I am surprised by all this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I did not read everything you wrote. Because in my defense . It is written in one or both of our posts or messages. I was not attacking him. I am a little surprised at your attack on me. I thought you a little better than that. If you don't want me to come on here. Then fine I won't.

You have put yourself in a situation now where I just don't care what you do now, but you are not helping yourself at all irrespective of what I saw or think, I don't need to bring you down, you're dong fine on your own.

This will all come to a head and it won't be my doing:thumbsup:

Frank, you should still have my info if you keep record of your transaction. No need for all the extras. I just wanted it so that I had backup for the future as I was very optimistic about this gun. One extra needle to replace the one in the gun I already have to see if it is indeed the repaired needle. I will revisit the review when I get the replacement gun.

The industry needs people like you to revive old brands and to stand behind it. I applaud you for all your effort and money you are spending and I'm sorry if I'm causing you any hassles. I just wrote what I was experiencing and it is only my opinion. It's not that I asked for freebie in exchange for a favourable review. In my other hobby, namely fountain pens, the reviewers are way more harsh than what I was or will ever be. Those guys are painting targets on their backs. They take on the really big guys with their $500-$1000+ pens.

Frank, you should still have my info if you keep record of your transaction. No need for all the extras. I just wanted it so that I had backup for the future as I was very optimistic about this gun. One extra needle to replace the one in the gun I already have to see if it is indeed the repaired needle. I will revisit the review when I get the replacement gun.

The industry needs people like you to revive old brands and to stand behind it. I applaud you for all your effort and money you are spending and I'm sorry if I'm causing you any hassles. I just wrote what I was experiencing and it is only my opinion. It's not that I asked for freebie in exchange for a favourable review. In my other hobby, namely fountain pens, the reviewers are way more harsh than what I was or will ever be. Those guys are painting targets on their backs. They take on the really big guys with their $500-$1000+ pens.

I do. I was just a little surprised by what i saw. If i knew there was an issue i would have fixed it. But i was not given the opportunity. I get a little emotional. for that i apologize. I just want people to be happy. your opinion matters to me . I don't think i'll be able to stay on here if malky has anything to do with it. He had some choice things to say.

You have put yourself in a situation now where I just don't care what you do now, but you are not helping yourself at all irrespective of what I saw or think, I don't need to bring you down, you're dong fine on your own.

This will all come to a head and it won't be my doing:thumbsup:
I thought u said u dont tolerate people attacking others. That is exactly what u did to me. Whatever transpired between andre and myself. Which was resolved without your help. U jumped in and attacked me. U cannot deny that. And paint any picture of me that you want. (No pun intended). But i have answered people questions and given advice. I even made a video to answer someones question. I 'll admit what i did was not in the best taste. But i dont think that gives u the right to respond to me that way. We are both just people. U r no better than me, And Andre and i seem to have worked it out.

I thought u said u dont tolerate people attacking others. That is exactly what u did to me. Whatever transpired between andre and myself. Which was resolved without your help. U jumped in and attacked me. U cannot deny that. And paint any picture of me that you want. (No pun intended). But i have answered people questions and given advice. I even made a video to answer someones question. I 'll admit what i did was not in the best taste. But i dont think that gives u the right to respond to me that way. We are both just people. U r no better than me, And Andre and i seem to have worked it out.

You are absolutely correct, I was wrong and stupid, I'm grateful to you for pointing out the error of my ways, please accept my apology, of course Olympos airbrushes are best in the world and nothing else comes close, anyone who suggests otherwise is obviously a liar, I accept that, I also accept that anyone at all who has an opinion contrary to yours should have their name plastered all over YouTube, including me, in fact I think I deserve that now, I hope you can forgive me for not wanting to buy an Olympos airbrush but as I stated elsewhere I'm just not worthy of such a prestigious tool.

Weather or not you can stay on here has nothing at all to do with Malky because Malky is just another member here and has no say in anything despite having a big mouth, so you don't need to worry about me Frank, I just like to spurt out meaningless excremente now and again just for the fun of it, I'm definitely better than no one, I've always known that so I'll never be in the same league as most:)

You are absolutely correct, I was wrong and stupid, I'm grateful to you for pointing out the error of my ways, please accept my apology, of course Olympos airbrushes are best in the world and nothing else comes close, anyone who suggests otherwise is obviously a liar, I accept that, I also accept that anyone at all who has an opinion contrary to yours should have their name plastered all over YouTube, including me, in fact I think I deserve that now, I hope you can forgive me for not wanting to buy an Olympos airbrush but as I stated elsewhere I'm just not worthy of such a prestigious tool.

Weather or not you can stay on here has nothing at all to do with Malky because Malky is just another member here and has no say in anything despite having a big mouth, so you don't need to worry about me Frank, I just like to spurt out meaningless excremente now and again just for the fun of it, I'm definitely better than no one, I've always known that so I'll never be in the same league as most:)
Ok I guess that was a joke. never the less. I will stay out of this forum. Its not like anyone needs my opinion. you will all be fine without me. Thank U . Good luck to everyone.

Okay Guys , Seems like this thread has headed south at hyper speed and it is time for it to stop.
Frank I am sure Andre meant no disrespect to you . He was just rating the airbrush. My first Krome I got came with a bent needle and the person I got it from had tested it before shipping to me as well. It happens get over it. My review on the one was not that good either . But Ken from Badger made it right and my following review was a lot better.
Posting someone name from this forum on youtube or any other social media place with out their permission is wrong being he never stated where he got the airbrush and only members here would know .
Malky Hush, If you can not say something nice do not say anything at all when commenting ,

I am now going to close this thread due to it has gotten out of hand.
Frank keep selling Olympus airbrushes. Sometime no matter who make a product you will have a bad batch , I have gotten car part from some high end maker that have been defective , That does not mean I stop buying from them as long as they are willing to make it right. That also does not mean I stop recommending them to others. But if they refuse to make it right then I no longer recommend them.
What most fail to realize is the seller /dealer does not always make the parts so it is not 100% their fault if a part has a defect .

So now this thread is closed .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back