Rubberized clear coat

S

Steven Bourdeau

hello everyone,
I am kind of new to the wonderful world of airbrush. I primarily do paint jobs on video game consoles and controllers. I would like to find a durable rubberized soft touch clear coat (that won't peak off like plastidip) to give my controllers a nice non slip finish have searched the Internet but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advanced.

Steven
First off I moved your post to newbie question , Next while you were very close to the Introduction section you failed to make one so please do so .
Next, how are you prepping your controllers ? What adhesion promoter are you using.
There is not really anything that I know of that is produced that will not peel off over time due to hand oils and the heat generated by gaming with them .
Most use a automotive clear coat to give more durability .
Now head over to the introduction section and tell us about yourself , how long you been airbrushing , what airbrushes you are using , what paints , you know all the things that will helps us help you if needed . Also please include at least the country you live in .
you will find that section here http://www.airbrushforum.org/introductions/

I only dealt with Alsacorp on a couple of the chrome paints they have so thanks for this information.

Herb how do you find their chrome? Is it easy to get that shiny look or there's some issues with MirraChrome? I think in future if someone wants that finish on car or moto I'll order that paint straight from the US.
Having read their istructions about applying process I understood that it's better to spray chrome through HVLP system or LPH (Iwata). The paint requires finest atomization. How's it in reality?

BTW I have bad feedbacks about their candies. They're very lightfast. HoK candies are better.

Well all I will say is DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY !!!
It was not me buying it but the customer . I follow the instruction to a T and it is a long process . While in ideal conditions it does have a chrome look it still reminded of the old chrome spray rattle cans of the 70's
I did use the remaining portion of the paint as a base and airbrushed over it with HOK Kandies and it then would make it worth while but as a coating a lone not so much .

Well all I will say is DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY !!!
It was not me buying it but the customer . I follow the instruction to a T and it is a long process . While in ideal conditions it does have a chrome look it still reminded of the old chrome spray rattle cans of the 70's
I did use the remaining portion of the paint as a base and airbrushed over it with HOK Kandies and it then would make it worth while but as a coating a lone not so much .

Thanx!:)
I wouldn't waste my money on that! The paint is extremely overpriced especially for my experiments:) If someone wants that finish I don't mind to make it but for their money;)
I saw many cars in Kiev painted with that paint but almost all of them are also candy coated. But there's one Hummer limo which is 12 meter long with clear chrome and I wonder where the heel they have found such a spray booth to paint it!:D And as you say candy coated "chromed" cars look more attractive than bare chrome.

Here's another FX paints:
http://fashionpaintusa.com/

Thanx!:)
I wouldn't waste my money on that! The paint is extremely overpriced especially for my experiments:) If someone wants that finish I don't mind to make it but for their money;)
I saw many cars in Kiev painted with that paint but almost all of them are also candy coated. But there's one Hummer limo which is 12 meter long with clear chrome and I wonder where the heel they have found such a spray booth to paint it!:D And as you say candy coated "chromed" cars look more attractive than bare chrome.

Here's another FX paints:
http://fashionpaintusa.com/
Some use a chrome powder coating which looks more like chrome then the paint version of it.
But yes if someone else wants to buy it for you then go for it.
It really does make candies look like a dipped candy apple LOL :D

Some use a chrome powder coating which looks more like chrome then the paint version of it.
But yes if someone else wants to buy it for you then go for it.
It really does make candies look like a dipped candy apple LOL :D

Haven't heard about that chrome powder. Could give a link to read what's that and where it's sold?

Thanx Herb!
It's powder coating. Maybe that's a stupid question but are those powders can be used in the binder like pigment for further use as usual urethanes? Maybe you've tried that.

Thanx Herb!
It's powder coating. Maybe that's a stupid question but are those powders can be used in the binder like pigment for further use as usual urethanes? Maybe you've tried that.
I have not tried it . Mainly because I have a friend who does powder coating as a business (does mine for the price of materials ) , But I have airbrushed over powder coating then he would put a clear powder coating to lock it in to make it last .
But 9 dollars is not a bad price :D

You're lucky one Herb!:) To have what you need for that price;)
And you all in the US are lucky as you have all possible custom paints in your contry and your shipping is almost for free and headake free also, compared to mine:)

I think I need to experiment with those powders somehow. Prices for them are very good.

You're lucky one Herb!:) To have what you need for that price;)
And you all in the US are lucky as you have all possible custom paints in your contry and your shipping is almost for free and headake free also, compared to mine:)

I think I need to experiment with those powders somehow. Prices for them are very good.
Well pack a bag and head on over :D
Yes , we take shipping for granted on a lot of thing But the shipping for say Trident paints is high .

Back