Saying hi

N

Nichard

Hi! Getting interested in airbrushing and coming from an auto background. I want to get an iwata eclipse and compressor if someone can point me to a good place to buy these this would be great. I am in the worcestershire area of the UK.

Welcome to the forum, coast airbrush will ship overseas and there great to work with and very helpful.
Coastairbrush.com

Welcome aboard.
We've got a few UK members, so someone will likely pop in shortly.
@Squishy is from UK, will probably have a few recommendations.

Welcome from New Zealand. Some of the UK guys and girls may be able to help but Coastairbrush is good.

Hi there, as JackEb said I'm from the UK too. The eclipse is an awesome choice and great for auto work I use one for bikes and it is ideal. My preference is for the HP-CS and I think pretty much the best price you'll get one for is here :-

https://www.spraygunsdirect.co.uk/i...-japanese-precision.html#sthash.LGgLcqyR.dpbs

I've used that company before and had good service (not to buy an airbrush I must say though) The airbrush only sites seem to be anywhere from £15 to £40 more.

As for a compressor what do you need. If noise is not an issue then any regular compressor (as long as it has a tank) will work fine. Just get a water trap and you're good to go. It's the cheapest option, and if you already have a compressor like that, you just need to get some adapters to size down to a compressor hose.

If noise is an issue, then its pretty expensive. Though you can sometimes pick them up second hand. People who are a bit handy swap noisy motors from regular compressors with fridge motors. Let us know which way you want to go and we can point you the right way.

Hi there, as JackEb said I'm from the UK too. The eclipse is an awesome choice and great for auto work I use one for bikes and it is ideal. My preference is for the HP-CS and I think pretty much the best price you'll get one for is here :-

https://www.spraygunsdirect.co.uk/i...-japanese-precision.html#sthash.LGgLcqyR.dpbs

I've used that company before and had good service (not to buy an airbrush I must say though) The airbrush only sites seem to be anywhere from £15 to £40 more.

As for a compressor what do you need. If noise is not an issue then any regular compressor (as long as it has a tank) will work fine. Just get a water trap and you're good to go. It's the cheapest option, and if you already have a compressor like that, you just need to get some adapters to size down to a compressor hose.

If noise is an issue, then its pretty expensive. Though you can sometimes pick them up second hand. People who are a bit handy swap noisy motors from regular compressors with fridge motors. Let us know which way you want to go and we can point you the right way.

I just checked out your link and these folks seem to very honestly priced:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: they have the micron SB2 at under 298 quid or €337 which is average €100 cheaper than here, only problem for me is the post would likely kill the deal but still worth considering, for UK'ers definitely a sensible option:)

Thanks for the replies. Noise is a slight issue so I might go for the more expensive option. I will order the Iwata over the next couple of weeks. I have a stack of lechler water base car paint and wondered if (thinned enough) it would be any good for learning with or is it better for my lack of experience to just get the right paint from the start? My main work will probably be helmets and bike tanks/frames for now. I have access to get stuff clear coated so what's the best route to take? Thanks again for all the welcoming replies

I'm not familiar with that paint, but will say airbrush specific paint pigment is ground much finer. As its auto paint it may be fine enough, but if not thinning wont help, as that wont change the pigment. Could be worth trying, just be prepared it might block or not work as well for any detail work. You could always just get a small bottle of airbrush paint just just to do a little comparison. I recommend Wicked by createx, (their detail paints as they call their trans pop great when cleared) which I use on bikes, skid lids, and pretty much anything else, if you do try it you will need the 4012 reducer too. People also use E'tac PS, but I'm not familiar with that.

Welcome home.
On your Lechler paint ,
I have a buddy of mine who uses that paint on old Triumph motorcycles he is restoring and I have tried a bit of it . I reduced it for the spray gun then filtered it and reduced it more for he airbrush . So for practice is should be okay

Welcome to the forum, The eclipse is a fine AB to start with, Compressors arent cheap if you want a quiet one but I have 2 iwata studio series, smartjet and power jet pro and you can talk over them. Oil filled silent compressors are of course almost totally silent but cost a lot more. look for Bambi or Sil-Air just 2 brands I can think of off the cuff. Lechler water based should work thinned accordingly, Best to give them a try though first. One of my good buddies has his own custom paint shop and used to use them a lot. He's moved back to HOK on automotive jobs and now and Createx Illustration for art.

Lee

Back