SEM vs HOK

J

jared pittman

Now that I have the place to do it safely I really want to get a bottle of black and white urethane paint for use out of my cmsb- which is better? I ask because trusted member of forum that hasn't been on for awhile felt like hok has lost quality of over the years- the neighbor gave me spare key to his paint booth- why not put uro's through cmsb and see what happens!

Never used any of named brands. But can say just any of urethanes I had go greatly through CM-SB.
Variety of brands for automotive urethanes are available in the US so you can buy as much as you'd like to and you could choose what fits your needs perfectly.
I buy the paint from the guys dealing in color matching the paint for cars refinishing. They sell from 100 ml for one colour (roughly slightly over 3 Oz).
Max Mayer, PPG, Helios, Du Pont, Spiec Hecker and many many other brands are available here. Search for colour matching spots and you'll be surprised how the paint for ABing can be good and inexpensive compared to those "special" paints for ABing.
Also buy a quart or more reducer to reduce your paint and to clean the tools with it. There are some types of them: standard, fast, slow, very slow (from PPG). I'd buy slow one;)

if you just getting black and white it does not matter. SEM and HOK on those colors are about the same.
If you was asking which system would be easier to learn that would lean more toward SEM Being I am still learn the New HOK shimrin 2 color and effect mixing system . It is different then the HOK shimrin 1 system .
Napa is pretty good as well . Mainly what can you wallet afford . SEM is more affordable vs HOK but HOK color pop brighter and with more depth.

Back