Shadow's Log Stardate: 9.26.2013

The more you do, the more you'll be able to do, so keep doing what you're doing. Painters block, so been there, yet when I get going I can never put my finger on why. *shrugs shoulders*

ok to update my log.....I am sad to say I haven't painted anything since the 14th and it feels like forever.:apologetic: The renovations that was scheduled for after the holidays my wife in her infinite wisdom (rolls eyes) has decided it can't wait so I'm in the middle of that. I have done a bit of research for my next victim..err I mean subject lol. I will try to paint something as soon as I can but not sure when.

Log update, star date 11.2.13 I find out that because I failed to put link to WIP in my entry post I have been disqualified. I am chuffed, but not at any of the powers that be....I'm upset with myself, there are rules...I missed it so I pay the price(like I even had a chance anyway) lol I do however think since it was posted since the beginning of the month someone could have said something but it's all good! Anyway.......with all this in mind, I went to shop to work on a piece I started and sure enough, I screwed it up 3 times and of course the more you fix the worse it looks so I decided to call it done. I'm adding it to the infamous POS pile, but sadly this pile is growing faster than the keeper file :sour: Soooo here is the POS....IMG_0245.jpg

Bummer about your POM entry getting pulled. I expect no one noticed there was no WIP until it came time to organize the voting, I know I didn't, but then I can go a whole day without realizing I'm wearing odd socks Lol so observation is not my strong point :) Maybe you could re-enter it this month? I think the scorpion/skull thingy pic is a great concept, you don't seem too pleased with how it turned out, but I don't think there is too much wrong with it. A little bit more subtlety in the shading, (maybe a bit dark in some places, though that could just be the lighting of the pic), and maybe refining the detail lines on the hand a little, so I hope you try it again in a few weeks, and see how much farther you've come. Ahhhh the POS pile LOL!!!!! I think everyone has one of them them, don't get disheartened though, although the final outcome might not be what you were hoping for, the practice, and the things you learned didn't work so well, is invaluable - that's what I keep telling myself any way!

Bummer about your POM entry getting pulled. I expect no one noticed there was no WIP until it came time to organize the voting, I know I didn't, but then I can go a whole day without realizing I'm wearing odd socks Lol so observation is not my strong point :) Maybe you could re-enter it this month? I think the scorpion/skull thingy pic is a great concept, you don't seem too pleased with how it turned out, but I don't think there is too much wrong with it. A little bit more subtlety in the shading, (maybe a bit dark in some places, though that could just be the lighting of the pic), and maybe refining the detail lines on the hand a little, so I hope you try it again in a few weeks, and see how much farther you've come. Ahhhh the POS pile LOL!!!!! I think everyone has one of them them, don't get disheartened though, although the final outcome might not be what you were hoping for, the practice, and the things you learned didn't work so well, is invaluable - that's what I keep telling myself any way!

I apologize to anyone reading previous post, I should never have said anything...if there were a butt sling I would need it from the azz kickin I gave myself. lmao It was not a good day for me in several ways and should never have even picked up the brush lol. I will attempt another painting one of these days but this was not a confidence builder.

Don't worry, I think everyone has "one of those days" once in a while. My family give me a very wide berth when I do LOL!

Log update: star date 11.4.13...My first attempt at any type of animal and despite all its short commings I am very happy with it considering how far I have come in just 6 months. IMG_0254.JPG

UPDATE: I almost forgot, I even did a tutorial on painting water drops using waterbase paints. yay me !!! lol

Log update: 11.14.13 ..... Since the puppy painting I haven't been able to paint anything due to while helping my son do so things at his house I unfortunately reinjured a old injury with my arm/elbow. I'm ok and will be back in action in a few more days but figured while I was out of commission it was good time to order some paynes gray and smoke trans base but it has been twice as long as supposed to which is frustrating but has impacted me more since having to wait 2 months for a part smaller than a grain of rice (velocity nozzle)and making me MAD. I wish there was a place closer to get supplies. So far I have used coastairbrush, tcpglobal, and chicagoairbrush, shortest time so far has been 1 week and counting lol.

I have no local supplier, but I get my internet orders the next day and hate even waiting that long. I couldn't cope waiting 2 months for something! I am not a patient person Lol. Hope the arm is getting better.

I have no local supplier, but I get my internet orders the next day and hate even waiting that long. I couldn't cope waiting 2 months for something! I am not a patient person Lol. Hope the arm is getting better.
Thanks Squishy, arm is getting there and will take some time to get back to normal but at least I will be able to paint with it short intervals for time being. When I had my business I used to get a lot of my supplies from Calif. (im on east coast) and took 5-7 days usually and places like Wyoming, Florida 2-3 days I'm going to hope it is just an isolated bit of bad luck. lol

Ooops, realized I haven't posted to the log for a while :apologetic: but I did attempt to paint a little bit with my working arm and was not pretty lol. I'm trying to get back to it because I need to get pics done for December POM and start prepping for PaintPal. I did stumble on what I consider a good deal....was at Michael's few days ago and stumbled on 16oz bottles of AB cleaner from Badger(Spectratek) for $9 plus had a coupon for 15% off on top so I grabbed all they had lol. It should last till my Spectratek paints are gone, it does work on Wicked also but not as efficient as the Createx but then again it is not mean to. I have a few ideas so will have to see how it works out, arm is usable just no lifting or heavy pulling with it for a few more weeks.

Look after that arm, don't go pushing to hard, and setting things back a bit. You're much better than me at getting things done for the POM, I never remember to take progress pics.

Log Update... A few days ago I decided to attempt a portrait for the first time, it went well but as usual mistakes galore. Even though I got anxious toward the end and rushed it, I am actually proud of it. IMG_0272.jpg

Yeah I know what you mean, but after a while I decided to just go for it, with mixed results Lol. But I still Managed to suprise myself sometimes. The rest of the time I just had a big hissy fit, but always worth trying cos you always learn something, even if its only don't do it like that again LOL!!!

Dear diary, ooops I mean log update lol...well..........had one of them "murphy law" days. I worked on my paint pal pic, TWICE lol I have a Badger Velocity w/ ultra fine nozzle, needle protector, and super fine cap. I have never used the one without prongs basically I was too scared to try it lol didn't want to bend needle.
So today not only did I mess up the pic twice but dropped my nozzle twice. I was almost done when I messed up last part. :dejection: Sooo will try again tomorrow. I am sure glad I have more time !

Keep your head up man, some days just don't go your way. I cracked two nozzles and bent a needle in one day a few months ago. Clean up and go throw back a few. :)

Back