For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Shawnavin the new guy and his journey in Airbrush

Discussion in 'Open Bar!' started by Shawnavin, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Micha der Wolf

Micha der Wolf Detail Decepticon! Very Likeable!

Very nice looking forward!
    Shawnavin likes this.
  2. Joe A

Joe A Needle-chuck Ninja Very Likeable!

This looks very nice! Great job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shawnavin likes this.
  3. Shawnavin

Shawnavin Double Actioner

thank you. I appreciate the comments. I had zero experience of art in any form and I find this very challenging. without being able to find anyone in my area that airbrushes it is hard to compare notes kinda thing. I might see if skype lessons are available somewhere... I do really like the pieces I have done, but a lot of the time I only see the flaws and there are many. I know that with the limited time and knowlage I have surrounding art I am doing really well. but I am used to looking for imperfections in my work as a mason and my sticky eye for detail blocks me from seeing the truth some times.

in short thank you for all the positive feedback and comments. I get back home in about a week and am taking a few days off the practice more and try another piece. I am really excited for the piece I have in mind... the photo I took for the reference is crazy cool (I think so anyways) I will post it as a step by step. I figure if I do that I will learn more from the comments made.

to give you an example of my workmanship as a mason here is a pick of my favorite job.
    92000 square feet of real stone wrapping the whole house and interior.

Attached Files:

basepaint likes this.
  4. JackEb

JackEb The Dragon Hunter Staff Member Admin

I can see why that would be your favourite job ! very nice work.

so now you've had chance to play with the new gear whats your next art project ?
  5. Shawnavin

I took a pick of an awesome flower. I will do that and I am going to try another landscape. I find the silhouettes landscape good practice for blending and brush control. without a lot of detail that just frustrates when unable to do. the more time put in with easier things will keep me happy with results and less frustration. and in time the harder things will fall into place as the hours of practice add up.
  6. Shawnavin

plus I want to wait to do anything major until the 15 when I can order the power jet pro compressor. the Paasche vl didn't give noticeable diaphragm dots but the eclipse does. so I am currently staying on the farm to make a little some some to get my new compressor and a few more items. also still want the infinity or chameleon. so much to buy... lol
    Jurien72 and Joe A like this.
  7. Shawnavin

so I am getting ready to do the diaz airbrush tutor, I tried it in charcoal but have never drawn except this last 2.5 months with the airbrush.

Attached Files:

doc1 likes this.